Trip to Thirupathi with family

Discussion in 'Travel' started by vsharma, Jul 30, 2013.

1. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience of tirupathi trip.

We travelled to Tirupathi for my 2 year old son's 2nd head tonsure with my DH, DS & MIL.

We boarded train at 2.10 pm from central on 12th July and reached Tirupathi station by 5.45. It was my son 1st train trip and he enjoyed a lot. Anyone travelling by train to tirupathi must try the hot vadas at Reningunta station. As soon as we got out of station it had started raining and we had to wait in the ladies waiting room at the station. The waiting room was very well maintained. Once rain stopped we hired auto for visiting Padmavathi amma temple, it took almost 1.30 hrs to finish darshan, and returned to bus stop by same auto. It was almost 8.30-9.00 when we took bus for Tirumala.

There was no prior darshan / room booking. Usually my DH plan it so well but this time since i told him about my wish to stay at thirumala near the temple we thought of trying out their rooms. My DH was in so much dilemma whether to stay at tirupathi Bhimas over night and morning can go for darshan but then we took a chance and reached thirumala around 9.30 pm. It was too late for room bookings as their counter close by 8.00 pm :-( We were asked to come in the early morning 5.00 am for room booking. My MIL had very bad head ache and vomiting cos of travel. We made her lie down in waiting room and went for our dinner, after dinner we dint know where to sleep in the night and then one of the family near to us who were also waiting for their room entry timing, introduced a man who is actually a broker.

The broker offered us double bed a/c room 12 hrs and charges were 2500, we cant think about anything else as we were dead tired and took the room. The room was very neat but for 12 hrs we thought 2500 is too much. Morning he took us to head tonsure place which was finished with not much time wasted. My son started crying while tonsure and calling me ma ma, tears started rolling out my eyes seeing my son cry. We had our b/f in the small shops on the pavements. Then being saturday we knew that Perumal darshan isnt going to be easy but everyone suggested us go in the free line as 300 also will take same time. But we chose to take 300 rs ticket and started que by around 10.30 the que was kept moving, we were put in the cage. We were offered yummy butter milk and sambar rice in the que. My son enjoyed the hot hot sambar rice. Seeing others calling Govinda Govinda, my DS also started doing the same :) I personally had nice time. As at home we hardly spend time sitting next to each other for so long ...hehehehe. By 5.30 we finished Perumal darshan which was almost 6 hrs but we dint feel the tiredness, It was nice feeling had Perumal darshan on saturday, i can still visualize the darshan.

After coming out we had nice food hot dosas, poori masala and idly, did some shopping which am sure no one would miss even you go several times you dont get tired of buying things from there. We took a bus from thirupathi and reached Chennai by night 1.00 pm.

4 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I think this is your first post in snippets. Welcome to snippets, do not know whether since it is about travel it will be shifted to Travel. Enjoyed reading about your visit to Tirupathi and had good darshan.

1 person likes this.
  3. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Viji ma and glad to get ur comment 1st :)

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

It brought my pleasant memories of my trips to Thirumala several years back. However, I have not been to Thirumala for a long period of time. Thank you for bringing dharshan of Lord Venakestwara in front of my eyes.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  5. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Viswa for your comments and happy that it refreshed your memories :)

6. lakshi

lakshi New IL'ite

Its very nice to read about your Thirupathi trip and the dharshan. Seeing Thirumalai Perumal will bring lots of peace and joy in your family. I can't wait to go there and hope it will happen soon in the near future.

Lakshi

7. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Nice vsharma! You had a n lovely time wth your family at Tirumala :)

1 person likes this.
  8. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

9. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Chotabheem, yes it was a lovely time :)

10. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

So nice of you to share this special trip with us. May the Lord of the Seven Hills bless your family with the best in life.

Yes, the hot vadas at Renigunta station are just too yummy. And they are the same always. We travel by that route atleast two times a year.

1 person likes this.