Trip to Mauritius

Discussion in 'Travel' started by sweety17, Jul 9, 2015.

1. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

Has anyone visited Mauritius? It would be great if you could share your experiences here with us.

Like must see places etc..

2. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

No replies...hasn't anyone here visited Mauritius?? please reply ladies waiting for your answers..

3. LauraShellshea

LauraShellshea New IL'ite

I think nobody even know anything about this places, feels so bad for you.

4. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi

My neighbor visited Mauritius from Chennai, India. They had a package deal which costs Rs.58,000 per person for 5 nights/6 days . This was in 2010 and she did mention that she had enjoyed immensely. You will get lot of Indian food and there are hindu temples and beaches are awesome too. Lots of travel agencies announce package deal for Mauritius from Bangalore/Chennai/Mumbai etc., Check it out. You can visit Mauritius throughout the year as its a tropical paradise. I couldn't give more detailed info as I had never been there so far!!!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  5. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Hey Thanks GPriya for that update..

6. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Hi... We went to Mauritius for our HM. We did not book thru any agencies or packages cos we thought we wont get much privacy as they will take you as a group

If you plan well in advance you can book flights at very cheap rates. Then we checked TripAdvisor site and found the best hotel for our budget. Do see the reviews and search for a good hotel for your budget.

We got contact of one private cab driver thru one of my dad's friends there. If you want, PM me and I can give you his number. He took us to all the must see tourist places there.

Some of our favorite:
    'Walk with lions' - You get to walk and play with lion cubs
    Under sea walk
    Chamarel
    Forgot the name, there is a private beach where they take a few couples for BBQ and wine - It was Amazing!
    And last but not the least - if you are daring and adventurous Tandem Sky Diving (Dont miss it, its very safe and a life time experience)

Hope this helps. Do let me know if you have any other questions.

7. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Hey iswaryadevi...thanks so much for that update. We are planning to go privately and not using any tour operator. Could you please PM me the driver's number...also can you let me know when you visited Mauritius and which hotel you stayed. How many days was your trip?

How many days will be sufficient for the trip? Also would like to know the estimated budget for trip...I know its a lot of questions, but I want to make sure we don't run into any road blocks

yea I too am looking forward to the Walk with Lion, Undersea walk..almost the same stuff as you did..really looking forward to it..Please share the details...

8. iswaryadevi

Hi.. no problem, ask all your questions and I'd answer as much as I know. I know how perfect you would want your trip to be and hence all these qns. We faced the same! :)

I have PMed you the cab driver's details.

We stayed in 'Pereybere Hotel & Apartments', for 6 nights / 7 days, and found it pretty good. TripAdvisor had good reviews about it and we were completely satisfied. We got an offer of 50 euros / night. Not sure how much it is now. You can check it in their site.

Total cost including air tickets, hotel stay, food, travel, phone bill and all the activities (except sky diving) for the 7 days came to 2L INR. If you want to do sky diving, you would need an additional 50K. This was 2 years back, so it might have increased a little now.

Hope this helps. Have a wonderful stay. Enjoy and TC! :)

9. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Hi...thank you so much for the detailed info. Yes we are also planning for 6-7 days trip. Great even we were thinking of 2L budget. I hope we will be able to adjust the amount since its been what over 2.5 years since you went. We are planning to go sometime early next year. So I hope by then we will get all the information we need. I just had another doubt. Since you didn't go through any tour operator, how did you book your slot for Walk with lion, Underwater Sea etc. I read that these slots needs to be pre booked. We just cannot walk in that's what I read. Could you please throw some light on this

10. iswaryadevi

Yes, you need to book in advance otherwise you wont get slots. So once you decide the days of your travel, you can go online and book the walk with lions as per your schedule. For other activities like under sea walk, you dont have to book in advance.

Enjoy and have lots of fun! :)