trinetram/ my visit Koothanur Sarasvathi temple

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by gowthamanappu, Feb 5, 2009.

1. gowthamanappu

gowthamanappu Bronze IL'ite

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  2. gowthamanappu

Further to my post about Saraswathi temple, I am attatching the pdf file which will be useful to all. Pl. download, go thro. and reply,

best wishes,

chitra.g

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  3. Ambige

Ambige Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the sarawathi photos and Anthathi.

4. gowthamanappu

bigger photo of amman.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  5. gowthamanappu

new photo more clarity

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  6. sumasandeep

sumasandeep Silver IL'ite

Thank u chitraji...till now i have been to 2 temples of Ma saraswati..one in Shrugeri Sharada temple & one small temple in B'lr koramangal :) thanks for sharing with us

7. gowthamanappu

Trinetram/ my visit to temple

Om Namashivaya.

Since Shivarathri is around the corners, I wish to give details about Kotilingeshwara temple, near Kolar/KGF/Bangarpet. It is an amazing sight to see so many Lingas in one place and a must visit place. So many of us go to Chennai or Tirupathi by road, this place can be reached from Kolar and u can be back if u keep two hours extra to ur schedule. Worlds tallest Linga and 35 feet Nandi along with lakhs of Lingas, Imagine, what a sight?

Kotilingeshwara is the presiding deity of the temple of the same name in the village of Kammasandra in India. Kammasandra is a small village situated in Kolar district of Karnataka state. It is about five kilometers from Kolar Gold Fields and about 6 Kilometers from Aalamaram. This place has the distinction of having the biggest Shivalinga in the world.

The World Record 108 ft Shiva Linga at Kotilingeshwara Temple & 35 ft. height Nandi.

Here is the place that has the largest sculpted Shivalinga and the unprecedented number of smaller ones. Kammasandra (Kotilinga) near Kolar Gold Fields is the place to find lingas in all shapes and sizes. Legend has that the Aswas (horses) left free by Lord Ramachandra during his Aswamedha Yagna in Tretayuga, had passed through Kammasandra to Avani.

The elegantly sculpted 108 ft linga here is considered to be the biggest in the world. The 35 feet Basava or Nandhi adds beauty to this linga. Surrounding this huge structures are thousands of smaller lingas occupying a 15 acre area. And the number is increasing everyday, as visitors to the place are leaving behind more lingas.

Kotilinga temple is approximately 90 km away from Bangalore. The best way to reach is to take KR puram flyover(hanging bridge) (this will connect to NH4) --> Hoskote--> Kolar (~30 km from this Rly crossing) ---> Railway crossing --> take right turn after railway crossing ----> you will meet another railway crossing ----> continue to Bangarpet ----> drive further 10 km------> You will find Kotilinga temple to your right.

See the photos, and visit whenever u find time, or make time to visit.

OM NAMA SHIVAYA, SHIVAYA NAMA OM!!!!!!!!!!!

chitra.g

lisen to Lingashtakam with this link YouTube - LINGASTAKAM

comment and reply

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  8. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

The details given by you about the temples are very nice and the diety pictures are very nice.

Thanks to you for sharing this with all of us.

9. Muthuraji

Re: Trinetram/ my visit to temple

Very nice. I can't express in words about the work being done by you. I hope for IL, the person named Chitra will be doing a lot of work and make others to get impressed by their work. Next to Chitvish madam, you are giving us lot of information.

I have not visited Bangalore. But after seeing this, I hope I should visit Bangalore to see this temple and get the blessings of Shiva. That to too many lingas are there together.

10. Muthuraji

Thank you for giving the Saraswathi and Sadagopar Andhadhi. I have saved it in my system and thinking of taking a print out and keep it so that I can read when I sit and do the poojas on Friday.

Thank you once again.