Trigger Warning - Is Post-partum Depression In New Mothers Real

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SuiDhaaga, Dec 29, 2020.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I wish more can be done for these women.

On one hand there are men who say that women who don't want children are selfish. On the other hand, pregnancy takes a spiritual, emotional and physical toll on a woman. She is lucky if someone is not tormenting her during this time!

I saw your later post about the baby yoga. I originally saw an article where a baby was being tortured in Malayasia, i.e. thrown around, being dunk in water.

The article said the video went viral in India and people said the torturer was from NorthEast India, hence don't trust people from there.

I am unable to find the article right now so when I saw another article (which was the "baby yoga", I thought it was similar thing)

It is a relief!!!!

That is why I do not blame independent women for not wanting to get married and or have children.

Instead of marriage and children enriching a woman's life (same way cocao and mishri enrich warm loving milk), marriage and children becomes a poison to the woman, i.e. lemon in milk spoils it.

And I can see why there is a decline in births among Western women (who are more likely to be independent than women who recently immigrated to US, UK, Canada, etc)

I don't know how to begin comforting such women.

A woman is truly an extension of God. I think being a woman is a higher life form than being a man, not because she can give birth, but because she is able to love intensely, whether it is her birth children or adopted children.

It is true when they say "it is a Man's world". Men, or those with that type of thinking can never understand what a woman goes through during this time where she only gives gives gives. Takers only take take take, and don't appreciate.

I hope you understand what I am saying.

I like your Heart Attack example. Just because you didn't have it, doesn't mean it is non-existent.

My friend with Aspergers was told to get married and have children only if someone begs her continually. This is no small feat!!!! It takes a village to raise a child!

And I feel sorry for the women in India. They don't have proper access to toilets, sanitary pads. If they are raped, police won't even file FIR many times.

Girls are compelled to get married after 10th standard, at the very least. They have no say in how their body is used.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I just wanted to say: don’t believe everything you see on social media explicitly. A lot of these videos are either fake, doctored or created purposely for shock value.

SuiDhaaga and deepthyanoop like this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I stumbled upon this and believe me, it shocked the daylights out of me. Still shuddering because such people do exist!