1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tried talking with MIL about monthly budget.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Iamagoodgirl, Jan 6, 2015.

1. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

I guess for a month or two you can keep a daily track of the expenditure.You have the full right to know where the expenses are.In case you find a sizeable difference,you need to get vocal about the same and involve your hubby too.

2. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

You dont need a reason to know the house hold expenses .As the member of the household you have the right to know all the expenses.Involve yourself from the planning stage under the guise of learning from your MIL.Unless you make your presence known in this section you wont be given any importance in the house.Its your home you need to know how much is spend on what .But instead of a conflict start it as knowledge transfer and dont forget to give credit for her knowledge before suggesting any change.Make sure the salary of the househelp every month is given from your hand in the presence of your MIL.Avoid the temptation to micro managing the funds from the starting stages for lasting solution.Tell your H its about time you start learning the running of the house hold.

2 people like this.
  3. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

It includes very basic expenses like groceries,maid,electricity bill,Society maintenance,cooking gas.thats it

4. ishrath

ishrath New IL'ite

Heyaa friends

even I have quite similar problem in a different way.iam married for 2yrs I never went for monthly budgets till a yr.but finally when I started doing all work in kitchen I started knowing what all we need.

My mom in law gets all stuffs but always useless things or the same which is available at home.she is the one who gets everything from market.the main problem I I keep telling her we don't need few things for next month coz there I extra and we can adjust for the next 2 months.first of all I would never know that she is going to buy grocery.she would never say.i always love going to malls ro get stuffs. Coz I like few offers which is nice.she always want to purchase here next to our home coz he giver her for loan.she always buys exttras.when I ask her why she would be like ohhh I forgot.before my mom used to get some nice grocery which come's. In offer.now I told my mom not to get it coz my MIL always gives it to her daughter.i don't say not to give. But when we r tight in. Our budget what can we do.

I have tried talking to my hubby but he says his mom is like this only I have to adjust
    How do I tackle this

5. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

OP there is nothing much you could do.Take some responsibility your self like paying bills online electricity bill,phone bill and convince husband to reduce amount he gives to mil.