1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Tried And Tested Home Remedies For Weight Loss?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Needtobestrong, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I want to try herbal n natural home remedies for weight loss..
    Though I follow balanced diet with moderate physical activity, the scale refuses to budge..
    Need a little extra push to speed up my metabolism..
    If anyone has successfully reduced weight using home remedies , then kindly share with me..
    For example, lemon with honey with warm water in early morning, etc..
    If u can also direct me to few relevant threads it would be useful..

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

If you do not have to go to work, then stop eating as much. This includes lemon/honey. Just drink the warm water without the lemon/honey -- that would be lower calories. Instead of a kilogram of something that has calories, drink a kilogram (liter) of water. Eliminate the top calorie contributor in your plate when eating. Instead of dosa/sambar, just eat the sambar.

If you are already fasting a day or two a month, increase that. If you are not fasting, do.

Drink lots of water. And take one multivitamin pill everyday.

If you are going out to work everyday, you'd have a tough time cutting down on food. However, you'd be making money to buy clothes that can make you look slimmer.

Starving/eating less calories, is the best home remedy. When your collarbones are easy to see, you can maintain the look by eating as much as what got you there: [​IMG]

3. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

There is only one remedy for weight loss which is

Total calories in< total calories out.

Don't know if it's a home remedy or not but this is a sure shot formula for weight loss.

Sandycandy likes this.
  4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Starving is not the answer and it doesn't matter if one is working or at home :rolleye:.
    You cannot substitute nutritious food with water, eating healthy low fat / low sugar food is the key. Don't use the visibility of collarbones as a measure of how thin you want to be. There is something called Body Mass Index for that. As far as you are within the upper limit for your BMI, you should be good.
    P.s eating one or two dosa's with sambar never hurt anyone .

iamsrihere, Naari and Sunburst like this.
  5. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Naari likes this.
  6. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

I saw a picture of Prince William eating it, while the skinny wife was merely looking at him..... perhaps insinuating that the right goal is to weigh less than one's DH, and once we are there, not bother with it anymore... upload_2017-7-16_8-50-32.png

7. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    remedies :
    1.Yoga under proper Guru.
    2.Walking so simple & no cost only time to be spared.i will never accept anyone is so busy. Based on ur weight & health conditions it varies.Even heart patients are advised to walk.Fast walking for min 1/2 an hour will do wonders.Any hard domestic work done for hours will not be equal to fast walking.There are some Yoga
    which are equal to half an hour walking.
    3. Exercises.
    4.Gym but any break no use.
    5. Home remedies - so many
    6.It requires strong mental power - to think deeply that my weight should decrease. I had tried this once & won.Everyone was asking "are u on diet or some yoga /exercise" .When thought process went on & i found out that mere thinking had reduced my weight as i was doing nothing then.
    7. Positive affirmation - it applies to anything . Min. 3 times as soon as rising up from sleep, afternoon & when uare about to go for sleep (not bed).u have to say aloud & then in heart " My weight is getting reduced ". 3 times min. till the goal is achieved.The more the no.of times of affirmation & saying that loudly & in mind will give more result. Without knowing anything in my youth just because i made a goal that i should get scholarship in SSLC exam.I used to pray or think about it all times ,all places inc. rest room . i didn't get the same after passing SSLC. After i finished my Degree & i was at home waiting for job one of my relatives in Education dept. came to our house & told my parents about my getting the same.See the effect of positive thinking when u have a flair for any good thing.

" The woods are lovely,dark & deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep"

Sandycandy likes this.
  8. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

No-No-Nonya , the idea of weighing less than the husband and maintaining it is pretty archaic no ? OP like most women today wants to lose weight for her better health , to be confident about herself. This self confidence has nothing to do with the husband or his weight.
    I am glad prince william and his better half are your idea of an ideal couple and ideal weight loss goals.
    P.S I am sure the dosa was not as appealing to the princess because A) she is not fond of Indian food or B) the huge bowl of salad and chicken ( no beef) she had before this dosa session left no room in her flat tummy.

venlax likes this.
  9. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Thanks all.
    I Agree that diet and exercise are the best ways to lose weight.
    Was just a little desperate after seeing so many months of effort going waste..
    There are some natural remedies which are supposed aid weight loss, when combined with diet and exercise , so was enquiring about that.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  10. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

I am not sure about natural remedy, i tried ginger/lemon in hot water and so on but i felt like it dint contribute much in my weight loss. i would say eating dinner before 7 really made me to lose weight. also divided my 3 meals into 4 small portions. sometimes even 5.