1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tricks/Techniques to instill importance of education in kids

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Keet, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Keet

Keet Silver IL'ite

Hello Moms, We all know education and good career is important these days. At young age it is not possible to understand. I think it is parents responsibility to instill that sense in kids. Parents will have peace of mind if the children are well settled whereas their heart ache when the children are struggling as adult.

For the sake of bright future present and future children Please Please Please share your Tricks/Techniques to instill importance of education in kids.

I don't have kids, so don't have any suggestions myself. I want to help my neighbor 6 year old kid who only recognizes A to Z (with some mistakes) and 1 to 10.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Perhaps the child has learning difficulties. Have the parents got the child assessed?

Having said that I do notice that kids are too bored and can't be bothered to do even what they know; forget learning new things. I can't see lectures working. Challenging them helps - clock them while they are doing homework; challenge them to better themselves. Lots of praise when they show what they know. Figure out what they like and get them reference books on the subject - like space / human body / monuments. Teaching them through play works. Asking them to teach us what they know helps- this helps especially if the adult pretends to make a mistake - the child will rush in to correct the adult and that really seems to encourage the child to do better.

Parents will know what works best for their child. Setting aside a fixed time everyday to sit together to do homework or learning activities will help the child. In the case of the child you have mentioned, the parents need to talk to the teachers and the paediatrician to figure out how best to help the child learn.