1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling with premature baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Indhu, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

I second tikka, though i had a bad experience (only me, not my son) in one of the hospitals, they treated my LO very good and he is fine and safe here. Infact i would say they gave my son back. Again as tikka said, even my LO was drawn blood from the vein on his 3rd, 4th, 8th, 9th and 10th day frm his birth...none of the time he cried...he just reacted and kept quite. Pedi here are too good. I come from a medical family so i know the dr here are too good. Even with my personal experience i know the dr are too good here. Also i lived in US and i also know the medical system there. My sister with her two kids (both born in US) now moved to India a couple of months back (Son 2.5 yrs and Daughter 3 months, her hubby still in US) and she is absolutely fine with all the medical systems here and managing everything on her own. Her daughter previously use to catch cold/cough very often there and now with the Indian treatment she is absolutely fine, not even once she had any problem.

It is all the perception that people have that in India everything is poor and in US everything is good. Since i lived in both the countries, i can very well see, there is no big difference bt these two.

2. Indhu

Indhu New IL'ite

Thank you all for your inputs .
    Tikka & padmini , I dont doubt the medical system in India .The problem is my fear that something may happen due to the transition / change in environment & how a premie would adjust to it . For now I have decided to stay back . Iam also looking for options to get some help so that I could manage with 2 babies.
    Tikka , Can you suggest some pediatrician in chennai coz in few months time I may have to travel.

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Indhu you can post an ad on sulekha.com for some help. My nanny comes 9-6 M-F and while the baby sleeps helps me with kitchen work too. I give her 1500 per month.

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

True Indhu, all children have trouble adjusting to a change in atmosphere and with twins it is double the challenge for you. We got to a doctor at Apollo Centre of Excellence. There are two of them there Dr Sharadha and Dr Priya Chandrashekar. This is in Kotturpuram. There is Dr Benjamin in Alwarpet/Malar Hospital. There is Dr Kausalya in Thiruvanmiyur. A couple of moms here also tell me that their doctors do not overprescribe, they probably could post about their experiences too. Good luck and get all the help you need.