1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling with a 3.5 month baby to hot Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sirilu27, Jan 11, 2011.

1. sirilu27

sirilu27 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I will be travelling to Hyderabad in the hot summer with my 3.5 month old kid. I am very worried as to how my baby will react to climate n pollution there. Also, I have to travel within India to a relatives place in Maharastra. (very hot too). Please give me suggestions as to what care I need to take to keep my baby safe. She is a winter baby.
    Has anyone been in my situation? Any tips and care that I need to take for my baby. Please help!!

2. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Hi...Hyderabad is infamous for its extreme summers, so please try not to be in Hyderabad during the months of April and May when it gets very hot and unbearable.I stay at Hyderabad, but each year, I avoid keeping my kids here during summer and send them to my mom's place instead.While it may not be very feasible, it definitely is a very sensible thing, especially for you, as you have a young infant to avoid the summer stay here.Work out options like pre-poning or postponing your journey..My pead however recommends that if the summer is bad, keep the clothing minimal to soft cottons and keep the kids in an air conditioned room as much as you can...of course plenty of fluids should be given at regular intervals, but as your baby is very young, do consult with your pead as what could be the best option.

Deepa.

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

what part of USA are u put up. i am afraid if u staying in cold parts its definitely NOT a good idea to travel to hyd in summer even if u do, make sure u dont step out of the house bfore 6 pm, have air coolers and ACs in rooms. we came to HYD in peak summer, and boy was it hot!!!!
    i dont think my daughter wore anything except her diaper indoors

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011