Travelling while pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by simi, Apr 7, 2005.

1. crownlak

crownlak New IL'ite

Re: Travel during Second Trimester ( 4 to 7months)

Hi,
    Can we get extra fruits in case if we can't eat the food they give us in flights. With the changed rules I think we can't take any food with us (except baby food). Earlier, once when I asked for additional fruits (I wasn't pregnant then), they said they don't carry any additional fruits or food.
    Being pregnant, I don't when I can eat certain foods and when I can not.

So do they provide additional fruits at least to pregnant women? Or do we need to ask for it before boarding or something like that? Please share ur experiences. How do u deal with food during flight travel.

thanks,

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I went to India for delivery at 28 weeks. I carried some biscuits only. British airways staff were very helpful and gave me additional juice and guess it was luck i got additional snack (sandwich). But I'm not sure how it is with airlines from US. In general you can eat the normal airline food and they'll not deny additional fluids if you ask. If you're pregnant I don't think the immigration will stop you from carrying some biscuits etc., as well.

Latha

3. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

dear simi

congrats on ur pregnancy...first u need to check with ur gyn abt the travel...travelling in the 2nd semester shud b safe only..if ur air travel is arnd 6 or 7 hrs then i think u can request for oxygen supply which wud b btr for the baby...

lov
    sowmi

4. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Travel during pregnancy - - suggestions ?!

Hi all

We are going to NY trw by car...And am 7 months pregnant. Pl let me know what are the things I need to carry with me during travel....and also give ur suggestions regarding the same. (I already consulted with my doctor 20-days back reg this and she said its ok to travel) BowBow

5. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Re: Travel during pregnancy - - suggestions ?!

Hi Subha,

I think you will be very happy that your Mil is gonna come to take care of you.

Please take sufficent fruits drink, water and anything to eat inbetween.....

Take break inbetween of your journey. Have safe journey. Enjoy your trip.

Take care.

6. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Thanks Usha....Any chance to meet u there ?

7. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Air travel in first trimester

Dear friends,

For my thread on Air Travel, many of you replied and gave nice informations.It was very helpful to me.

Now I reached US safely with my kid.I justed wanted to inform you guys who helped me with ur inf.

Thanks you all.

Bye,
    Pinky.

8. mommytobe

mommytobe New IL'ite

Re: Pls help on Air Travel in 9 th week pregnancy.

Hi Pinky,

I love the jet airways..the staff is very friendly...and the planes are new and clean..good movies...individual screen behind the seats..do ask for the aisle or the front one that will give you more leg space..

all the best :)
    Shweta

OOPSSS my advice is late..

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  9. snehalatha

snehalatha New IL'ite

im 12 weeks pregnant

im staying in hong kong with my husband and i want to go back to india. i just want to know is it safe travelling at 12 weeks of pregnancy? can i travel now?

pls alet me know. is anyone travelled at 12 weeks? let me know please.
    this is my first pregnancy

10. vidhya parani

vidhya parani Senior IL'ite

Re: im 12 weeks pregnant

hi snehalata,
    welcome to IL...air travel during first trimester of pregnancy has already been discussed in a thread in the "i'm pregnant" subforum in the pregnancy, labour and delivery forum...you may check that out...from my personal experience, i have done air travel around that time of pregnancy without any problems..mine was even longer flight time from belgium to chennai...
    consult a gyny for advice in any case...HK to india travel can be done with a stop over at kualalumpur, bangkok or singapore for your convenience...if you have nausea, it could be little uncomfortable travelling but otherwise should be OK...dont worry..
    all the best!