Travelling while pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by simi, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Marikeerthi

Marikeerthi Bronze IL'ite

Re: Air travel in first trimester

Dear Ilties,
    My first child is 2 1/2 years old. Mine 1st delivery is C-section. I am planning to go to India for my 2nd pregnancy at 28 th week. Just now i came across this thread. I am really worried abt my travel. :spin Even i have booked tickets. Will the air travels allow me in this condition? They have said after 28 weeks they want letter from doc's. I am starting exactly at 28th week. :hide: Will they allow some snacks to take with me? Help me friends regarding this.

Thanks
    Keerthi

2. rakshantha

rakshantha New IL'ite

hi

I travelled in flight when i was 26 weeks pregnant with my second child. i travelled alone with my first kid who was 3 years. I just took doctors certificate. There was not a problem at all. Just travel light. And the flight attendents will help u a lot. There was not a single hitch during my travel. Even i was worried before my travel but everything went smooth i reached India safely and i am back in Japan with my second kid. All the best. Travel safely. Dont worry just ask for asile seat.

3. Marikeerthi

Marikeerthi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. I have got 3 friends to accompany with me for the travel. So i hope the travel will be smooth.

Thanks
    Keerthi

4. SMG

SMG Junior IL'ite

Travel??

Hi ,
    I would be travelling from Goa to mumbai by bus preferably a volvo bus after my first trimester. Will that be fine?

5. Riya007

Riya007 Senior IL'ite

Re: Travel??

Hi SMG,

I think the main problem is bumpy roads from Goa to Mumbai, but given that you are traveling in a Volvo bus they are far more comfortable so it should be okay. Can you travel by train by any chance? They would be even more comfy at your stage.

Riya:)

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi SMG,

Valvo bus can be a better one. But please try to have train journeys in future for longer distance. That will be more comfortable.

7. SMG

SMG Junior IL'ite

Hi,
    I know train journeys will be better but the only problem is that i have to book it in advance. I dont know when i will be going as it will also depend when it will be convenient for my parents to come and pick me up as they are both working. So bus will be a quick way of booking any time and going.

8. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

pls consult with ur doc on this now itself. i am pregnant too. due to unavoidable circumstances, i am travelling to a temple by volvo bus even in my 1st trimester. i visited my doc and she said its ok. she just gave me additional dosage of the nausea medicine as the nausea is likely to increase in a bus journey. So chk with ur doc.

9. nidhi99

nidhi99 New IL'ite

travel after 34th week

Hello Friends,

Pls do not say I shouldn't go. I really want to travel for 5 hrs journey by car. So round trip will be 10 hrs but I'll fully relax 2 days after reaching there. I want to know if anyone has done this kind of traveling before. My due date is on 20th Jan and I want to go today.

I m still in dilemma..should I cancel it? I do not have any health issue till now. I am planning to sleep on back seat. Does anybody has bad experience of this kind of traveling....Pls discuss it as soon as possible.

Thanks,

10. ds0612

ds0612 Bronze IL'ite

please make sure you hydrate yourself allthe time...first trimester is very important period during the pregnancy. Keep a water bottle with you always...

all the best :)