Travelling while pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by simi, Apr 7, 2005.

1. cheenu

cheenu New IL'ite

Re: im 12 weeks pregnant

Hi Sneha,
    First of all congrats..... u gonna be mommy:).....My sis-in_law was in same condition,she too travelled from NYCity to Delhi without any complicatons...But remember each case is different....Plz consult ur doc,.... Even though travelling in first trimester is considered very safe unless there are complication involved, which only ur doc can pinpoint.....Plz consult him
    Good luck wid ur pregnancy and travelling:)
    Cheenu

2. mallugal

mallugal Senior IL'ite

Hi Sneha..

Congrats dear :) I had travelled Malaysia and India twice during my 3rd month of pregnancy...It was perfectly normal. Do ask ur doctor abt this..make sure u have a complete check-up before ur trip.

Also since I had an abortion previously..my doctor gave me a hormone pill..it would avoid any miscarriage . Do check with ur gynec :)

3. snehalatha

snehalatha New IL'ite

thank u all for suggestions.

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Flight travel during pregnancy adviced or not?

hi all,

Can a lady travel in flight (say a trip to India) during her pregnancy? I am not the person still just wanted to know about it. Heard that in the intial 3 months and last 3 months she cannot travel irrespective of her health condition is it so?Whatz the general advice Doctors give to pregnant women regarding travel?

Plz someone do share with us ur experience. Thanks.

5. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Air travel in first trimester

Dear shweta,

I reached US a month before without any issues. Journey was cool. Anyway thanks for your concern.

Pinky.

6. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Air travel in first trimester

Dear Cinduja,

You can do Air Travel during pregnancy. When I was 9 weeks pregnant ,I travelled from India to US.It was cool.I took my tablets including tablets to avoid vomiting and pre natals. I brought fitness certificate from my Gynec.Took some help from the airline staff to handle my luggage.

Information from our ILites, helped me a lot. If you go thru the entire thread you'll be clear on this.

Pinky.

7. Rinu

Rinu New IL'ite

Hi Sneha,

CONGRATS ! Your doctor knows very well about your condition. So, discuss with her and follow her advice.

All the best !

-Rinu.

8. monlisa

monlisa Senior IL'ite

Is it safe to travel in first trimester

Hi ladies,

I will be in my 11th week this weekend....my husband and in laws are planning to visit Niagara's falls this weekend...we have to drive total 14 hours ...in a day or two ....is it safe to travel?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  9. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Re: Is it safe to travel in first trimester

Hi monlisa...

Please check with your doctor, because this is really hard to advice that you should go or not go. In my case, a week before we went on cruise, I found out that I was 5 weeks pregnant, so much money was spent and vaccation time was taken. So, I consulted my doctor, even though my doctor considered me high risk pregnancy, she let me go on cruise and people who took us around the city in the buses, the roads were bumpy and uncomfortble ride. But by the grace of god I made it fine. But I was so worried. So, you never know what to expect when you are on the road. Its totally upto you and your doctor.

Take care.

10. monlisa

monlisa Senior IL'ite

Re: Is it safe to travel in first trimester

@amicable

thank you for the reply yaar..