1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling to Vegas and GC with 9 month old

Discussion in 'Infants' started by supreep, May 22, 2014.

1. supreep

supreep Gold IL'ite

Hi

We have planned for a 6 day trip to Las vegas and grand canyon

We have a baby boy who is 9 months old and we are vegeterian. He eats khichdi, dalia and upma and fruits like banana ,apple and pear. There is a kitchen for 1st 2 days . 3rd day we will drive to GC South Rim where we will stay overnight.The room will be having microwave. Then we will come back to Vegas on 4th day. 5th and 6th day hotel doesn't have kitchen or microwave. Am so confused what / which food to take for my baby ? I also want to know what I can make in microwave and if there is a good Indian restaurant where I can get something for my baby to eat.

Pl advise....

2. theoffice

theoffice Bronze IL'ite

Have u not tried store bought baby food like gerber, ellaskitchen, plum organics.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Supreep, yes there are of course Indian restaurants in Vegas. In microwave its very hard to cook rice items soft enough for a toddler but you can cook pretty much all the veggies and mash them.

4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

You can ask the hotel if they can provide a microwave. Usually they do if asked for. You can make khicdi/ rice etc in microwave easily. Use a microwave safe bowl and cook for longer than you'd on stove top. I used to make rice in microwave and it turns out well. You might want to introduce him to baby food before you leave. If he likes oat meal, you can buy instant oatmeal (it's dry and easy to carry) and then add water or milk. You can also get something at the restaurant for the baby (scrambled eggs/ toast with jelly or steamed veggies etc). If he likes cottage cheese, you can get small pack from a nearby grocery store.

5. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Take a rice cooker or two. Maybe the smallest size slow cookers. One for daal and one for rice. You can set it overnight. You can set it in the morning and go.

6. theoffice

theoffice Bronze IL'ite

7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If you must have rice and there is no option for a rice cooker, you can get the instant rice like Uncle Ben's. It is cooked and in a plastic bag, and just has to be heated. The rice is not of great quality, but it is acceptable. We did this when traveling with my parents.