1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling to India with a 2 year toddler in Cathay pacific

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Genno, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Genno

Genno New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

We are going to India for vacation on October with our hyper active 23 months old girl. Because of our financial reasons we didnt get a separate seat for her.
    Does anyone have any ideas or tips on handling her in the flight and keep her entertaining..
    Has anyone traveled in Cathay Pacific with kids.. Can you please share the details abt their service, bassinet, food etc..
    Really worried abt the 30+hrs(almost including the transit time) journey please give me some suggestions.
    Thanks
    Jaya

2. Vlakh

Vlakh Silver IL'ite

Hi Jaya,

The first time I travelled alone with my son was when he was about 15 months old! That too for an 8 hrs flight. Not bad. The next one was 24+hrs when he was nearly 21/2 yrs old. Hope the suggestions help you...:)

1. Hope you booked your tkts according to your daughter's routine. I.e: night flight so she can sleep most of the night (journey). That's what I did, this way the child sleeps at his/her normal hrs, covering most of the journey.

2. Pack extra: diapers, wipes, clothes (for both yourself and daughter in case of accidents during the journey) just incase of delay.

3. Pack ample food of her liking, snacks...etc

4. Bring a goodie bag having a few of your lil one's favorite toys, plus some new objects. To ease the boredom of travel, wrap a few toys or books as surprises to be dispensed along the way. reading books, colouring books, toys.

5. Make sure to feed your child during taking off and landing for comfort and to equalize the ears.

6. Put on a animation movie during flight which she likes.

Once in transit let her run around, as she will need to release all the stored energy sitting in one place...:) One was its good as she will get tired by the time you need to board the next flight.

All the best!

3. Genno

Genno New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply Vlakh.
    Looking for all possible ways to entertain her and make her journey happy.But still scared (about her tantrums) :-(
    Has anyone traveled in Cathay Pacific with kids please share your experience..

4. Vlakh

Vlakh Silver IL'ite

I dont think you should be concerned about the experiences people have had on certain AIRLINES. Its the child you should focus on...:) and how to keep them entertained.