Travelling to India....27 weeks pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by HariniRam123, Oct 21, 2015.

1. HariniRam123

HariniRam123 New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I need a small suggestion.please help..i need to travel to India as my mother cannot come here to help me with my pregnancy....but now I am 25 weeks pregnant and will be 27 weeks when i travel. can i travel at this point of time. i haven't asked my doctor yet, will ask her this week. but just was worried if i can take a long travel. since my mother's home is at Coimbatore... i need to transit 3 flights and takes longer than usual time. please suggest.

Thanks in advance

2. HariniRam123

HariniRam123 New IL'ite

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Your doctor will be the best person to advise you based on your health history.

4. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Usually it is allowed to travel upto 32 weeks or so if there is no complication .

but check with doctor and airline rules if you need any note from dr

5. HariniRam123

HariniRam123 New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I need a small suggestion.please help..i am in US now and need to travel to India as my mother cannot come here to help me with my pregnancy....but now I am 25 weeks pregnant and will be 27 weeks when i travel. can i travel at this point of time. i haven't asked my doctor yet, will ask her this week. but just was worried if i can take a long travel. since my mother's home is at Coimbatore... i need to transit 3 flights and takes longer than usual time its 20 hrs. please suggest.

Thanks in advance

6. HariniRam123

HariniRam123 New IL'ite

Sorry friends mistakenly posted the question in this forum. still, thanks a lot for the replies.

7. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

Hi harini,
    i travelled from DC TO CHENNAI, CHENNAI TO COIMBATORE when I was 29 weeks. As long as you don't have any complication u can travel. Waiting time in chennai will be more I guess. So we booked a room, so that I can take rest and took bath..during travel stay hydrated... Walk whenever you can. Because if you sit long with legs down you will get more swelling.
    take care

8. vaishnavya

vaishnavya Bronze IL'ite

Hi

i travelled from India to US when I was 28 weeks. U need a letter from doctor that
    u r fit for air travel. Just keep ur self hydrated... Air hostess will take care of u
    very well... I didn't face any problem during and after travel.

9. HariniRam123

HariniRam123 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Subhaganesh and Vaishnavya...I would also be thankful if you can tell me what medical tests i need to take before travelling...at present I have normal pregnancy. I spoke with my doctor and she also told me its fine to travel....can anyone suggest me if i need to go through any medical procedures like contraction test or blood test for diabetes....before i start? Have u taken any?

10. shann

shann New IL'ite

Hi Harini,

Thanks for posting this question to our ladies. I was about to ask this question. I am also planning to travel to chennai from US during my 25th week. Your question and IL's reply are really helping. Thanks!

2 people like this.