1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling-Need Daycare

Discussion in 'Baby Sitting / Day Care' started by indianlady1, Jun 7, 2010.

1. indianlady1

indianlady1 New IL'ite

Hi All,
    Late next month I plan on going to a conference at Philly. Its a 3 day conference(Mon-Wed). So my husband & I thot we could take couple more days off and make it a vacation.
    Now was son is 18 months old and my husband cant manage him single-handedly for 8hr stretches but mange him for 2-3 hrs
    Any ideas how how care for my son can be arranged for 3 days?

Thanks
    IL

Similar Threads
    1. sanjuruby3
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Sunshine04
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. sanjuruby3
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

IndianLady1, I would start researching the daycare options in Philly for the days that you have the conference. Do you have friends or relatives in the area? If so you can ask them for referrals. If not, start with the stage agency for Child Services - most states have one, and they can provide referrals to centers. I found this link - not sure if this is the right one, but take a look: CCIS of Philadelphia
    The agencies in my state has information on all licensed and certified daycare centers (in home caregivers) and has information on when the facilities were inspected, what violations/issues were found etc.

If you are unfamiliar with the area, I would stick to a reputable company and not in-home caregivers.

Another thought is to ask the event management/hosting company for recommendations since they may have local contacts. There may be other parents/moms in the same situation as you.

There are childcare centers that offer back-up care but usually these are reserved for sponsoring employers. Not sure if you can work with your employer to gain you access to one of there. Bright Horizons is one such center, I'm sure there are many others as well.

Good Luck!