1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

travelling domestic in USA with infant (3 months old)

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by swtsvn, Feb 1, 2008.

1. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

hiu all
    iam planning to travel with my 3 month old kid to virginia from chicago.
    tips and advices plz.

2. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Based on what others have told me in (check out http://www.indusladies.com/forums/g...19757-travelling-india-baby-toddler-17-a.html), here are some suggestions:-

Get a bulk head with bassinet

Carry a diaper bag with some diapers and wipes.

Formula if the baby is not breastfeeding. Carry a few bottles with the formula powder already in it so you don't have to take/measure it out in the flight from a container. Check from your airlines how much liquid you are allowed to carry.

2-3 Changes of clothes for the baby and 1 for yourself (in case the baby has an accident while you are changing the diaper)..:)

When the plane is taking off or landing, breastfeed the baby (or you can give a pacifier) to avoid earaches etc...

You can check and see if a baby carrier would work for you...for carrying the baby in the airport...

Take a stroller (if your baby is used to it ). Ask the airlines ahead of time about their policies regarding gate check etc.

Rest you can check my thread and get some valuable tips there.

take care,
    Aarushi

3. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

thanks aurushi.
    ur tips were helpful. i was wondering about the stroller. the airlines told i could check in my stroller. if so, how will i carry him inside the plane ? rite?