traveling to paris

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by unme, Dec 28, 2009.

1. unme

unme New IL'ite

Hi
    For the work assignment I need to visit paris for the duration 6 months to 1 yr . I have a 1 yr. old kid . I am planning to take my mother along with me . Please let me know , if my mother will get French visa for this duration or not?
    Please also guide me that would I be able to get any crech or a Indian nanny for my kid.
    Please help me , as these information are very vital for me.

2. lalli30

lalli30 Senior IL'ite

Hi, dear!

Well, you know France is very strict on visa regulation and even more since Sarkozy came into power! All I can tell you is to act rapidly and to be patient! If my memory serves me well, they only give a three month visa for your mom...

As for crèche, they are already packed and if you want to have one next Sept. for your baby, I would advise you to start enrolling for one right away if you havent yet.

all the best!

3. tapsatyam

tapsatyam New IL'ite

France government gives visa depending on your return tickets.....E.g. if you are travelling for 10 days you will be allotted visa just for 10days
    Regarding the visa of 3 month I don't think so it is possible for your mother as for that someone staying in France need to provide "certificate of accommodation" else they wont give visa of 3 months ...

Take care
    All the best,

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010