1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Traveling to India - share lists, tips & suggestions

Discussion in 'Infants' started by vmur, Nov 29, 2006.

1. newmommy

newmommy Senior IL'ite

Travel Question

My LO will be around 15 months when we will be travelling to India ,do they offer bassinet for a 15month old.I'am confused here the airlines website say no bassinet for 10months+ kids,but some of my friends say they got bassinet for 1 1/2 yr old.The other question is if there is no bassinet, then I have 2 options to travel with my LO in our lap (I will pay only 10% of the ticket price for this) or get an infant ticket by paying 50-75% and let him travel in his carseat ,I'am kind of inclined to this option as it will be more comfortable for all of us,but I'am not sure if he will stay in his carseat all the while,if he ends up in our lap we will be paying unnecessarilybonk.So ladies please share ur experiances ?What do u suggest?

2. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Re: Travel Question

Haven't traveled with a toddler yet, but I would say call the airlines and see if you can get a bassinet seat. Last time we traveled in United, the couple next to us had a older child (don't know what age) but they fixed her a boucy chair kind of a seat for her to sleep. So, you may want to call the airlines and see if they'll assign you one.

Raj

3. radhika suresh

radhika suresh New IL'ite

Hi friend when we came from India we came through Emirates they gave the bassinet for my five months kid.some of them say that we can inform them a day before that u need a bassinet.

4. newmommy

newmommy Senior IL'ite

Thanks Raj,called the airlines it looks like no bassinet for a 15 month old.I have got to think about other options now.

5. newmommy

newmommy Senior IL'ite

Thanks Radhika ,but it looks like they do not offer bassinets for 15 month old.

6. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

hi i am going to travel soon with my 18 month old and we have booked a bassinet for him. so i dont see why they will not provide the same.

7. newmommy

newmommy Senior IL'ite

What airlines will you be using?The airlines I'am interested does not provide bassinets for 10 month + babies.

8. dallascw

dallascw Senior IL'ite

Bassinets are offered on a first come first served basis. Usually Lufthansa is always full in the bassinet waiting list and they offer it to the babies with the smaller ones. I travelled thro AA and even though they promised to give us the bassinet ( we had the exit row seats) and we were the only folks with an infant in the 15 hour flight from Chicago to Chennai they forgot to load the bassinet in the flight !!! When we asked the stewardess when we sat in the flight regarding the basinet she said she would give it to us once the plane reached cruising altitude..when it finally did and they checked for the basinet in the flight they realized it was not even put in the flight !! We were peeved...neverthless on the way back I changed my booking to Lufthansa. ( we had to still really fight for that since on the way back from Chennai there were atleast 10 families travelling with infants).
    I would suggest to go really early to the airport and confirm and reconfirm regarding the bassinet.

9. newmommy

newmommy Senior IL'ite

Thanks dallascw,I will be booking my ticket well in advance so let me see if they are offering bassinets.Thanks for the information.

10. smilylittle

smilylittle New IL'ite

travelling india with 2 months infant

Hi to everyone.I am planning to travel to india with 2 months infant. I wanted to know what precautions has to be taken during the flight journey.