1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Traveling to India - share lists, tips & suggestions

Discussion in 'Infants' started by vmur, Nov 29, 2006.

1. diwali

diwali Senior IL'ite

2. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Re: Travelling to India with a 4 month old

Check with your pediatrician about traveling to India in April. They will be able to give you the best advice.

I've heard that mid March onwards for some weeks is the measles season in India. My family in India advised me against traveling during that time...the weather is changing a lot then and a new born baby can catch any number of germs...

I don't want to scare you too much but please, please check with doctors here as well as in India as to what they recommend.

take care,
    Aarushi

3. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

4. newmom1

newmom1 New IL'ite

Thanks for your suggestion, Aarushi. I really appreciate it. Will definitely check with the Pediatrician as you suggested.

5. newmom1

newmom1 New IL'ite

6. laksn

laksn Senior IL'ite

Hi Newmom,

I went to India with my 5 1/2 month old in Sept and got back a week ago..He was pretty much OK through out , except he had some cough, cold, stomach bug and fever. I think that is very common in US too...Please check with your pediatrician if you can go as early as 4 months. How long are you going to be there? Will you come back before the 6th month vaccination or are you going to get it in India. If so please , get the exact info on the vaccines given here..My doc would not let me travel before son got his 6th month vaccine. So! Anyways my son had a wonderful time back home , so did my parents!

Good luck,
    L

7. Anushree

Anushree New IL'ite

Travelling with 45 day old infant

Hi All,
    I have recently become a MOM :cheers

I would be travelling with my 45 day old baby to my mom's place. The flight will be 4 hour long....I would like you all to share your suggestions about travelling tips with such a young infant..

I am really scared about the air pressure in the plane. I have heard that feeding the baby during take off and landing is a good idea. Do the airlines in India (Kingfisher to be precise) provide any special help women travelling with infants...Should I book a bulkhead seat ? Do they provide baby bassinet ?

Looking forward for suggestions...

Anushree

8. laksn

laksn Senior IL'ite

Re: Travelling with 45 day old infant

Congrats! Regarding KF- When I travelled they did not provide any:)...I asked at the airport and they said they do not provide bassinets...But my flight was only an hour:)..I did not get bulk head seat when I travelled with my lil one...So it turned out horrible....It was free seating and people sat wherever they wanted and it was hard to run with the lil one to find a decent seat! So try to check in early! Yea it would be better to feed during take off and landing to reduce the discomfort to the ears..After security check, please change the diapers! coz it will be a wh ile before you can change it again, unless you wanna do it on the plane..take couple dresses, feeding supplies, a nice blanket for the lil one....My mind is rusted and cannot think more:)

9. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Re: Travelling with 45 day old infant

Hi Anu,
    I have no suggestions other than what Lakshmi has said already, but just wanted to say, Congrats and welcome to the club! Have you decided on a name? Hope you have a good flight.

Vanathi.

10. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

India trip with my 11 month old. Questions reg. that???

1. Do I need to buy a baby carrier (for flight & general travel)
    2.Which dress is easier for feeding in flight?(I am BFing her)
    3.Tips to sooth her in flight(esp during take off & landing)
    4.will stroller be helpful?(If I go out some where)
    5.What to do for mosquito bites?
    6. How to protect the same??
    7. Howz the climate now?
    8.Going for stamping Can I take her inside the consulate?
    More questions later...

Thanks for taking time to read & answer. Some Q may seem dumb but really worried. Anyways I will meet her pediatrician next week so after that I think I will relieved little bit.

Dhivya