1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Traveling to India - share lists, tips & suggestions

Discussion in 'Infants' started by vmur, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Sumathy

Sumathy Senior IL'ite

Re: Stroller for flight travel?

Hi,

We are travelling to singapore and malaysia (total 12 days). Is it worth taking a stroller ? My baby is 6 month old - we dont have problem carrying her but she does not go to sleep on shoulders and needs to lie down.

Out of the box thinking, can we rent a pram in singapore (???) guess it is a good business idea?

2. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

dear sumathy!!
    you would absolutely need a stroller in singapore etc....coz the santosa island is very huge...it is not at all practical to carry the baby the whole day....you would become very tierd&wont be able to enjoy at all!!combi would be perfect for any kind of travel...coz its so light weight that you can carry your baby as well as the stroller at the same time!!it has a convenient shoulder strap to carry too and has full recline which is suitable for infants.....i dont think its a good idea to travel without a stroller......since baby is 6 months u cant buy umbrella stroller&regular strollers will be heavy&bulky.....so i guess combi will be appropriate......

3. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Thanks sihi & Vidhu.. I am planning to buy combi this week.

Do you know if its available anywhere other than Costco? Costco near me doesnt have it and I couldnt find any info in the net.. Most of them are available online only.

one more question, would the stroller be available during transit travel or after checkin would be given in destination only? I was reading another thread reg this and thought would ask u guys too.

Thanks again for all the info!!!

:)

4. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Selvi,

From my experience, the strollers will be available to you at the transit airport. I flew Lufthansa last time and they did bring up the strollers as you do have a change of aircraft at Frankfurt. This was about 2 years ago. Not sure if they have changed anything. But am assuming it is still the same, as you hand the strollers to the CS agents at the boarding gae, and they issue you a tag which is usually only till Frankfurt .
    Best would be to call Lufthansa here and confirm with them.

Vandhana

5. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot V.. Just called Lufthansa and confirmed that we would get the stroller in transit airport i.e. Germany..so no problem with that.

:mrgreen:

6. Nalini

Nalini New IL'ite

Hi
    We are going to India next month on vacation with our daughter who will be 9 months old at that time. As Selvi, we are also thinking of buying a light weight umbrella stroller for our travel. I looked at the COMBI ST Stroller which Sihi bought and liked that. But i was wondering whether it is allowed as a carry on luggage in the flight. We are going through Malaysia and planning to meet some of our relatives during our waiting time which is about 8hrs. It would be easy if we have the stroller during that time. Selvi, what stroller did you buy. I want to buy a light weight stroller which i can use even after coming back from vacation. Let me know all moms suggestions who travelled with small babies.

Thanks
    Nalini

7. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Hi Nalini,
    I bought the COMBI thanks to all the suggestions from here.. I liked it very much. Only prob is u cant use the bag underneath the seat very much. Other than that I liked everything. I used that all the time during the flight travel.

you dont have to check-in the stroller. You can take that till the gate.. In the gate you can get a tag for the stroller and leave the stroller in the gate area. You will get it back once u land in the transit airport.

Though my kid didnt want to sit in the stroller most of the time in transit airport, it was really useful for the flight.

This combi is real good compared to the other big strollers. You can make this flat also which is easy for the baby to sleep. I have already packed my big stroller and stored in the basement, using only Combi now.

Let me know if u have any questions.. Have a great trip!!

:)
    Selvi.

8. Nalini

Nalini New IL'ite

Hi Selvi,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. Sorry got busy. I still have few questions. Could you tell me which model of Combi you bought. Just for comparison. How about the canopy. Is it helpful, bcos in some of the umbrella strollers i saw the canopy wasnt much helpful.
    Sorry for the continuous trouble.

Thanks
    Nalini

9. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Hi Nalini,

I bought the Tangerine model from BabiesRus for $99.

Here is the link..
    Babies "R" Us - Combi® Cosmo EX Stroller- Tangerine

I found the canopy very useful.. Though its not covering too much, its useful when we go out in summer. It has a small pocket also in the back which I use for putting my wallet etc..

Let me know if u have any questions..

:wave

10. newmom1

newmom1 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am a new mom of a 6 weeks old baby. I am planning to travel to India during April'08 when she will turn 4 months to attend my sister's wedding. I just want to know if it is safe to travel during the summer with an infant of 4months? Has any mom faced any problem traveling during the summer time please share their experiences. My husband is totally against of travelling alone with my baby he has also warned me that if something happens to the baby that will be my risk and he will drag me to the road, but I am so desperate to attend the wedding as well as my family members are also very desperate to see the baby. What precautions should I take while traveling and during my stay in India? Any advice from experienced moms is highly appreciated.