1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Traveler

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, May 26, 2014.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamla,

It is always a pleasure to have you visit one of the snippets written by me. You bring unique, practical and different perspective to everyone of my snippets. When you declare that you don't think, it only indicates that there is no need as you gain rich experience from your constant actions. The knowledge comes from four sources namely Agama, Upamana, Anumana and Pratyuksha. Agama is the traditional way to learn from the scriptures and this is recommended at the young age (Brahmacharya). Upamana is a stage when one needs the life of Grahastha by learning from life experiences. You are the best example of this stage. Anumana is when someone leads a life of Vanaprastha further contemplating what was learned as Brahmacharya and Grahastha and lastly if one learns how to control the mind and senses, more knowledge is revealed through Pratyaksha. The last stage is difficult to attain. I am trying to be brief here as I am planning to write a snippet on this four ways of gaining knowledge.

Matthew 5:9 states "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Those who travel inward discovers unlimited potential to be happy and contented. Their heart becomes pure and Truth gets revealed. They spread their experience with the fellow beings as they see themselves in others. When they stand up to establish righteousness and face difficulties as part of their mission, the kingdom of heaven is where they belong.

Our travel life after life is directly proportional to how much we travel in our mind outwards. Once we turn it inwards, the shortcut is found to reach the destination.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

You are truly living up to your name Viswamitra!

Thanks for patiently explaining to me about the various stages of life. You had written about this in another of your snippets too, or as an answer to a feedback, I am not sure!

At times, I do wonder if I am missing a precious aspect of life for not dwelling more on our scriptures. Mostly though, I am glad and thankful to Almighty that He/She has kept me in the second stage, Grihastha, for such a long time and has kept me very busy too! Perhaps it is the way my Creator has chosen for me so my idle brain does not wander too far to search for things unattainable. Maybe even before I start wondering, He will see to it my travel ends...with Peace! If I am so lucky....?!?!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamla,

Explaining? You don't need any explanation. I have more things to learn from you. You have handled much difficult things in life than I did. Your composure is a treat to watch and experience.

Learning from life experience is the best period in one's life. Scriptures also teaches us that mere knowledge means nothing until someone applies it in one's life. There is a famous saying in Tamil, "Ettu Churrakkai Karikku Udavadhu" meaning that a vegetable in the book is not going to be useful for cooking.

All of us strive to stop our journey and become immortal. I am beginning to understand (after seeing many people like you leading a principled life considering pleasure and pain the same way) feeling blissful at all circumstances is the way to become immortal.

Viswa