1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Traveler

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, May 26, 2014.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,

The best recommended step to reach thoughtlessness is to develop focus on single thought and saturate the development of that thought. I believe concentration is something I can achieve with practice. Contemplation of a thought that reaches the meditative state is where I fail. Once I get to a meditative state on one thought, thoughtlessness becomes visible.

Viswa

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa
    A very typical 'Viswaspection'! This travelogue of yours took me to the thoughts of my ever favourite Khalil Gibran: 'A traveller I am and a navigator and everyday I discover a new region within my soul'. (Emphasis mine) To those who talk deridingly of armchair travel, I point out these words of Gibran and tell them that armchair travel is the most ideal for those who love to journey inwards from time to time.

There is more from Gibran: 'We wanderers, ever seeking the lonelier way, begin no day where we have ended another day; and no sunrise finds us where sunset left us. Even while the earth sleeps we travel. We are the seeds of the tenacious plant, and it is in our ripeness and our fullness of heart that we are given to the wind and are scattered.'

These words of Gibran take me straight to the life of Bhagwan Ramana Maharshi. As you may be aware, the last ever journey that he performed was from Madurai to the Abode of Arunachala at a very tender age. Then onwards, his journey was only in the direction of self enquiry, the exploration within. The whole world came there to see him but he never stirred out of that place. He was the world's greatest traveller and the places he explored continue to be out of reach for most of us! His ripeness and fullness of heart continue to be scattered by a mystic wind.

'A man travels the whole world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it' said George Moore. The home that is within. One may traverse the high seas continually but where does it take him if he continues to be an alien to himself?
    Sri

5 people like this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

One fine day God wished to enjoy his creation and descended on earth.The devotees who recognised him surrounded him and pestered him for prayers.They chased him for favours.
    God ran from place to place,to villages, towns and cities. Nowhere he could escape from their nagging.
    At last he found out" man travels to all the places, but never delves into his own heart.That is the best place for me to hide from the maddening crowd.
    That is how God came to reside in our hearts,which nobody tries to peep or see within.
    That inward journey was possible only to a handful of people like Ramana maharishi,out
    of millions of people.
    Had it been possible, people would not be travelling under the pretext of appreciation of nature , seeking relaxation from the stress.

Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

It is always a proud moment when you visit my posts and thank you very much for taking the time to visit this post. Thank you for those wonderful quotes of Khalil Gibran. Many times, when I see trains in the airport and other places which terminates at the place from which it started, I always visualize our journey as circular starting from Self and ending with Self.

Every word you said about Bhagawan Ramana Maharishi is truth and nothing but truth. He is one of the greatest traveler within. He tried His best to teach that traveling techniques to one and all. He demonstrated that sickness and death is only to the body and not to the soul. We discussed already about His famous "Go Home" preaching.

One who knows Himself will conquer the world. If Self is nothing but a spark of the Divine Being, what is there for us to explore apart from exploring our Self? Outside world is always flashy with neon signs all over and attractive just like a visit to the sin city of Los Vegas but we lose the sense of time (day or night) and the way. Even if it is dark inside, if we learn how to light the lamp of love and begin our journey inside with courage and faith, we will find the way.

Viswa

5. Viswamitra

Dear Mrs. Jayasala,

Knowing the humanity delving in dualism what other place is better for the Lord to hide but the hearts of the human beings? There are a few principles that we fail to recognize about the journey inside.

1) We need to develop an aptitude to make Self inquiry.

2) We need to light the lamp of love inside of us to make the dark place brighter

3) We should see the people around us as reflection of our Self

4) We should use the Karmendrayas and Gnanadreyas to perform our own duties as well as for the benefit of humanity

5) Lastly, we need to remember the journey is alone and as we make progress, the way gets formed.

Viswa

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa I think what you saw was the beautiful Amalfi coast of the Italian state of Camopania, whose capital happens to be Naples. . Your description of hills on one side and sea on the other confirms that. (You should actually visit it not merely on va virtual trip. It is beautiful area and the food's great). Anyway wherever we go we must travel light. Carrying heavy physical or psychological baggages slosw us down.

1 person likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Balajee,

The description I made was a view I had from cruise ship when I visited Rome, Debrovnik, Venice, Cecily, Armsterdam, Cannes, Florence, etc, for our 25th wedding anniversary. We did see the beautiful Amalfi coast. Travel whether inside or outside should be with least amount of baggages.

Viswa

8. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Viswamitra,

The pervading brain in the ether of imagination! What a vignette you portrayed!

I was watching a documentary on Stephen Hawking showcasing his powerful imagination to solve some of the baffling physics enigmas. No paper, no pen but a tabula rasa to draw complex models and his chromatic vision to see the black holes amidst all this. The man, his brain , his travels in that orb!

An abstract yet stratified message in the snippet! Befitting title - was imagining Keanu Reeves walking in the cloud of detritus from a nuclear emission responding to the evacuation security - 'Who am I? A Traveller'

2 people like this.
  9. Viswamitra

Dear Aria,

Thank you for gracing this thread with your presence. What you said in the second paragraph about Stephen Hawking proves the theory that there is a power that residing in us that is full of knowledge. For a moment I thought you were talking about Dr.Hawkins who defined the level of consciousness of human beings. You have excited me to look at all of Stephen Hawking videos available online now. Have you read the book written by the Russian author Vladimir Megre seven volume book called "Anastasia"? If you have not, you should enjoy reading it. This book reveals profound wisdom grounded in ancient knowledge, expose suppressed secrets and hidden historical facts, and offer a whole new paradigm for our planet's future.

There is time when the human being will reach the level of knowledge to recreate the Universe, maintain and destroy it from time to time performing the role of the Divine. Obviously, the Divinity gives enough for us to get to that stage for a reason. That is the conclusion the science derived in "Einstein's Enigma". Fourier language will develop the mathematical equation for the creation, existence and destruction of the universe.

Viswa

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

Truly enjoyed reading this snippet. Like the way you took us on a tour to admire some wonders in this world before bringing us to the wonder of our own inner world..be it our mind or soul.

Some inputs here made me think too! (Something I don't do often unless I am prodded by Viswa's works!). There is a lot of efforts made by people in this world to get somewhere either physically or goal oriented. Nothing wrong in it, we do what we have to do to get to know the world and get somewhere in the world.

Often times,there is a certain frustration in those who are unable to do so. I was recently talking to a friend of mine who was fed up with her mundane life while all around her seem to take off to one or the other Global destination. I for some reason do not envy anyone for their travels or achievements. I feel if we can travel within ourselves to find what it is that makes us tick, half the questions and quests will be solved, if not all! Of course, not given to much introspection, I could not explain myself to her. But I did console in some simple terms and I am glad to say that she sounded much happier towards the end of our conversation!

Travelers we are even as we remain static! Mind will not let us stay still!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.