1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Travel Vaccines to India

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by samnamahmood, Nov 15, 2007.

1. samnamahmood

samnamahmood New IL'ite

Hi
    this is to all of you in Usa and Canada who have kids 3 years or older. have any of you taken any travel vaccines while going on a vacation to Chennai or any city in india. pls let us know what vaccines you took and were they useful and how much did they cost.

thanx

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Samna,

I give travel shot to both my kids as needed. I say this cause the shots have a 2 year validity.
    One shot that is given for sure is Hepatitis (A). Malaria is given as pills, although heard there is an injection available for this also. The kids are also given any booster shots that may be coming up soon( within 6 months). So this time when I traveled, my son also got MMR and Varicella, since the boosters for those two were scheduled to be given in 6 months.

Cost depends on what insurance you have. I strongly urge you to get the shots for your child. Hepatitis surely. Malaria pills , taste rather bad, so i have never had any success in giving them to my kids!!

Vandhana

3. samnamahmood

samnamahmood New IL'ite

Thanx vandhana
    You gave me good info abt these vaccines. yeah i do have a insurance plan but in canada the plan does not cover the travel vaccines. Just wanted to ask you one more thing is like how many days before u travel did u give these vacines.

thanx samna
    I give travel shot to both my kids as needed. I say this cause the shots have a 2 year validity.
    One shot that is given for sure is Hepatitis (A). Malaria is given as pills, although heard there is an injection available for this also. The kids are also given any booster shots that may be coming up soon( within 6 months). So this time when I traveled, my son also got MMR and Varicella, since the boosters for those two were scheduled to be given in 6 months.

Cost depends on what insurance you have. I strongly urge you to get the shots for your child. Hepatitis surely. Malaria pills , taste rather bad, so i have never had any success in giving them to my kids!!

Vandhana[/quote]