1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

travel to india - online ticket or agents??

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by nisnair, Nov 18, 2011.

1. nisnair

nisnair New IL'ite

Hi ILites

We are planning to go to India-Kochi after 25 th of december 2011, from Washington DC
    This is our first trip to India,We couldnt plan the trip well in advance because of some other issues .Now that my Dh has got leave unexpectedly we are planning to travel

So what would you suggest ??online booking via -expedia,travelocity etc etc or through an agent to get the tickets cheap ??..Yeah !!I know that the tickets are expensive in this part of year ,That is why we are planning to go after Xmas ,though we can go before that :hide:

What would be the average cost of tickets to India ?? one agent told 1600$ and in travelocity 1460 $$ .other agent told 1999 $ :spin!!!! per person. Is it beacuse the online type has some hidden charges??

Please help ASAP !!

2. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

3. pihoousa

pihoousa Senior IL'ite

4. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

alanita travel- they gave me a lowest price than all travel agents which i checked ...

5. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

We have booked to India both thru travel agent and thru travelocity too.

Sometimes in travelocity,they charge a high penalty fee for date change.Luckily we didn't change the date that time.

Travelocity is reliable,if the rates are cheaper,read the terms and conditions part carefully and call them for any doubts before booking.

Check with the travel agent for that particular airline for any date change penalty and go ahead with the booking.

6. Mahivanka30

Mahivanka30 New IL'ite

You can check in Makemytrip or with some other local travel agents....Negotiate for the best price and schedule....

7. shams86

shams86 Bronze IL'ite

Frankly speaking Travel agents will be more cheaper than Online Booking. Akash travels, CA I can suggest. As we have gone through them and their service is good too...You have to negotatiate at their prices too dear. Travelling with kids then I would definitely suggest Emirates is best and later your convenience..Happy and safe journey

8. abhi321

abhi321 New IL'ite

If you would have asked me this question 2-3 years back, I would have said you should book it through travel agents but nowadays, you shoudn't even think about booking it through these unreliable travel agents when there are very good and reputed online travel booking sites.

9. AlicaHorsfall

AlicaHorsfall New IL'ite

For getting these tickets i always rely on trusted sources and avoid to include some traveling agents in it because most of them just scams or work for there on interest.