Travel in Etihad airways

Discussion in 'Travel' started by kutty0216, Jul 15, 2010.

1. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

Can anyone please share their experience with Etihad airways. I am going to travel with an infant. so need your suggestions. Thank you.

2. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I have traveled by Eithad airways from Abudhabi to Chennai.It was good.Just like most airlines.It was on time both the times and the service was good.As we have odd timings from here to Chennai,we travel by Emirates most of the time.

3. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Recently my friend's relative traveled in etihad ..from Abudhabi to Chennai.It was good it seems..their first experience too..since this airways allowed 2 baggages they opted this airways :)...food was too pretty decent ..if you need anythign more specific feel free to ask..take care :thumbsup

4. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    It is good, but not superb. the flight from abudhabi to chennai was good, but when u travel with infant from NY to abudhabi, in abudhabi u need to change gate and it is a long walk. when i had asked for help/assistance they told i wont get any help.
    it was a 15 to 20 mins walk and it was difficult with the infant. so u better carry a light stroller and backpack , not too many hand luggages.
    it was difficult for me becos i had few hand luggages, which was heavy.

i didn't book for bassinet while booking the ticket, but at the airport i asked for a bassinet and they provided me one, they even exchanged seats with another traveller so that i can get the bassinet . so all that was very helpful. food was good.
    i think mostly depends on the airhostess.
    while going to abudhabi the airthostess were not good, were not of much help.
    but while coming back had good service.

5. chinnirekha

chinnirekha Bronze IL'ite

Hi kutty ,
    have you booked your ticket with etihad ? Please share some information which you got about this airways.

6. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

We (myself, husband and 2 year old) travelled from Dublin to AbuDabhi and AbuDabhi to Chennai in Febrruary.

We are taking the same route again this weekend.

The overall service from AbuDabhi to Chennai was really Good
    Dublin-AbuDabhi it was not Bad (Much much better than British Airways)
    The only thing bad was the food option from Dublin-AbuDabhi

It would be good to carry some snacks onboard

7. gayabala06

gayabala06 Senior IL'ite

hi kutty0216,

service in Etihad airways is good as mentioned by other friends. i had also travelled in this airways to chennai 3-4 times..food was pretty good ..if u r a person who likes north indian dishes like jeera rice & sabji, then it will not be a problem...They also provide baby seaters on request....so request in check-in counter....

8. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

We booked tickets from JFK(New york) to India (HYD) through Etihad, how is the vegetarian meals and service? we have Hr 2:15 min waiting time at Abudabhi, is it enough to change the flights, how much we need to walk to terminal of Hyd flight from NYC flight landing terminal, because we have small kid.

thanks,
    Sujatha.