Travel during Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by ramya630, Oct 7, 2014.

1. ramya630

ramya630 New IL'ite

Hello!

I am currently 14 weeks pregnant and might be required to travel to Zurich when I am around 20-22 weeks pregnant to join my husband there.I am a little anxious about Air travel during this time..My doctor said that she wouldn't suggest any kind of travel.
    I have read posts of people travelling from US to India during their 5th/6th month and I must they are very positive and encouraging.
    I am very eager to travel and be there at least for a couple of months before I travel back to India for delivery.I don't have any friends who have traveled while pregnant.So please,if you have any idea/experiences ,do let me know!Please add a few words regarding the weather conditions in Zurich between dec-feb as well :)

2. Bestmom

Bestmom Silver IL'ite

Dear op,
    Yes I have travelled during my 5th...same distance
    Germany to india..no problem as far as u r fine n healthy. .keep walking during the journey to avoid swelling. .keep hydrated. .all the best..happy journey.
    Regards
    Bestmom

3. NowhereGirl

NowhereGirl New IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

Congrats on your pregnancy. Hope it's going on well. I'm not a mum but living in the canton of Zurich. December to February is our wintertime, means temperatures are below 10°C, even 0°C. There will be snowfall mixed with rain at such low altitude. But you can be "lucky" and have a warm winter like last season with lots of dry days.
    Hope those are helpful informations for you.

Best wishes from Switzerland,

Laura

4. mimmyme

mimmyme Gold IL'ite

Did you travel during your pregnancy??

It should not be a problem....i did travel to Germany when i was 6 months pregnant\