Travails Of A Would-be Father

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Greenbay, Jun 1, 2018.

1. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

This is an awesome thread. All the very best and God Bless the little kiddos and both of you.

Greenbay likes this.
  2. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Thank you. They will complete 8 months in less than 2 weeks.
    MIL is yet to come. She was supposed to come on Apr last week but she postponed due to some relative's daughter's wedding in June. This is her 3rd postponement. I feel she might come only after the babies start walking :)

Baby Girl is more active than Baby boy. She gets more compliment too that she is prettier. My wife now worries that their abilities will be different too when they grow up. Moms!

3. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

I have heard that's how it goes. Initially girls are active and then the boys take over. NO matter what, I am sure they going to have a happy and blessed life.

Thyagarajan and Greenbay like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Nice updates
    of course they will be different....sameness is boring! Enjoy :)

5. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Their differing activity levels is her worry. Boy is tad slower than his sister in many motor skills so far plus she is already teething and he is not. Some friend said to her it seems that among twins usually one will have slight developmental disability through out life. I think it is too early to worry about such things, so I try to convince her that he might catch up. To me, if we don’t compare with what baby girl does, his progress seems normal and doctor too agreed on 6th month checkup. But she still worries. To be honest, I was a late bloomer too but she saw me only in graduate school, so doesn’t believe me :)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Mom’s worry too much ! Wait for the little boy to grow up a little and you will be on your toes all day. ( I should know !) .

Thyagarajan and Sunshine04 like this.
  7. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Moms !!. Worry is a part of their biological makeup.

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

@Greenbay ,

It is understandable from your wife's point of view. You know often it is easy for parents to compare their kids ie., think about mile stones and what each kid did at that particular age even when they are years apart! So I can only imagine having twins and not trying to do. As you know, it is a skill to develop - to appreciate each one for who they are and to truly enjoy them ad we will get there. Being supportive of our spouses is what we can do! Enjoy your bundles of joy! Best wishes!

PS: I typed this perhaps two days ago and forgot to click on post reply button...not uncommon for me!!

9. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Aru and Arth turn one year on Sept 30.
    How one year went by so quickly! I have close to thousand of pictures clicked but every moment behind those pictures is still vivid to me.

Girl speaks about fifty to sixty words but still struggles to walk. Boy on the other hand says just dadda but already runs around the house. They were born as two peas in a pod but couldn’t be so different in nature, temperament, and looks. Their developmental milestones are very different too.

Wife and MIL are planning a big party next weekend (I asked why not this weekend that’s tomorrow, but they have superstition that birthdays should never be celebrated one day early, what does an atheist or a guy know). Then a week from that, mil’s return ticket is booked as she wants to leave as FIL and her want to celebrate Diwali together. Wife feels already very emotional. Her separation with parents is a temporary one while mine is permanent but I have to pretend to be sympathetic to her feelings :cry:. Sorry if I am being insensitive.

10. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Wow. That's awesome. 50 words at 1 year.
    She will be a super woman.
    Best wishes for their birthday.
    Enjoy