1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Trapped!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jan 12, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

He sat there, contemplating about how to trap the man he was following for some hours. In fact, he just does the same for every one of us. And his power lied in his versatile ways of operation. Each was so ingenious and highly productive.

The man he followed was a person who was in early forties, and shunning himself from what all he quoted as "luxuries" in life. He was once very rich and tasted the finest wine and had the best of everything else. As his fortunes changed, he stepped out [was a lone bachelor] and started wandering around different parts of the world. Our guy wanted to play a game with that man and rolled the dice.

The man was travelling in a lonely path then, where he saw a pretty woman shouting for help. Her younger sister had fallen into the nearby lake accidentally and both of them did not know how to swim, she said. He rushed to the spot, dived and dragged the fainted girl back. Our guy was so happy, for, things started to happen along the lines of his expectation.

Then, the man stood firm, when the elder one thanked him profusely stating, "Who will do this? Risking your life and saving a girl and yet, not even waiting to receive an appreciation back! You are God to me!".

As he left with a shyness, our guy Satan smiled, seeing that his mission was accomplished.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

:whistle

One more good one RGS and i Bowto your skill of unexpected twists.....

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Pallavi4Me, for your appreciation. I wondered whether it would be well received, you know? -rgs

4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

RGS, Pl dont have doubt about this post.

This "Trapped" is very well shows your trademark of writing sir and it makes us to read it again and again.... Though I understood this with the 1st time reading at the end.. I loved reading 2nd time...

5. rgsrinivasan

Well! Honoured to receive this feedback from you Pallavi4Me. One request though. Never address me as Sir. Please. -rgs

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

In Vadivelu's language, "Saniyan Sagadaila Ninnu adudhu". I still do not understand what is meant by Sagadai but his dialogue delivery makes me laugh.

Good one RGS.

Viswa

7. rgsrinivasan

Sagadai [சகடை]? In the village sides, you see the instrument that they use to draw water from well [இராட்டினம்].

No matter how deep the water is, this thing will always be on top. Thats what he would have meant, I feel Viswamitra.

Thanks for your appreciation. -rgs

8. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai RGS,

Advance Pongal wishes to you. You have well trapped the IL site by your unique wiritng like a sugarcane for this Pongal my dear IL. Twist and turns in your story always as sweet as Pongal.

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot for your appreciation and wish Sreema.
    Happy Pongal to you and your dear ones too. -rgs

10. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

ah...there... for a second i thought it was "Manmadan" who was following......
    nice twist... loved it... it has the rgs stamp right across it rgs, a great one!!

Akila