Tranabdominalcerclage (TAC)

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by apin, Sep 26, 2011.

1. apin

apin New IL'ite

Hi,

I would need a TAC for my next pregnancy, which is a rare invasive procedure (abdominal surgery). Two doctors in US are very famous for this procedure. People fly from different places to have it done. However, there are other doctors also who know this surgery but may not have as much experience as them. Some patients who cannot afford to travel to US or for some other reasons get it done with the comparativly less experienced and have had success.

There is a good doctor from reputed clinic in India who said she can perform the procedure. She works for a #1 hosptital in my state. That way I can tell she is very good. But I am not sure how good she is with this rare procedure. I do not now how many surgeries she has performed.

Now I am confused, if I should fly to US and get it done or should I trust her and have the surgery performed.

Please ladies help me with my decision making.

2. Nirims

Nirims New IL'ite

Is it possible for you to check with the hospital in India to know her success rate and experience in this procedure ?It will only help you decide if you have some facts in hand so you are confident about proceeding.

But may i ask you why you wouldn't prefer a vaginal cerclage?