1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Train journeys are enjoyable when you have good Company

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 18, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I always like train journeys especially when I have good company. Enjoy eating outside food and also the special dishes which we get at some special stations. But it depends on with whom I am going.
    On 4<SUP>th</SUP> night we left for Coimbatore. We got only RAC but on the day of departure our seats were confirmed. But one ticket was still under RAC and another person also was sharing the same seat.
    Since we did not get lower berth my brother in law spoke to someone to give one lower berth to us , as I cant climb up. Luckily I could sleep in the lower berth. But when Pune station came one young boy woke me up saying that it is his seat. First he sat in that seat but later allowed me to sleep. So in the night I did not have proper sleep. During the day there was another lady who also got only RAC seat , so I had good company. I told her about this site. She took my e mail id and said she will keep in touch with me. She had come on office work to Bombay and going back to Coimbatore.
    On 8<SUP>th</SUP> morning we left for Bangalore, that time also I got good company. A lady who teaches Yoga in Bangalore gave good company. For an hour we had a good chat , later she went and slept on the upper berth and only when the station came she came down.
    On 16<SUP>th</SUP> we left for Mumbai. My brother in law, his daughter, her son and niece’s husband’s grandmother all came to the station to drop us. The train was late by 45 mins. When we got into the compartment two girls and two boys all working in IBM gave us good company. We played Rammi with them. They were going to Pune on a holiday to their friend’s place. Till they were there we did not know how the time passed. At 10.30 a.m. they got down at Pune and till 2 pm. somehow we spent our time.
    So this time my train journey was very enjoyable because of good company.

2. ubellah

ubellah Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    You have just expressed my thoughts..
    Myself (and my 2 yrs son also) love train journeys. I actually don't travel to places where there are no train routes..I am that passionate about train journey.
    True!!! Rail Snegham helps you to enjoy the travel even more..

3. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear viji,

welcome back to indus. we all really missed you. I enjoyed the write up by lalitha about your banglore meet.

Yes viji, train trips are enjoyable if you have good company in the room. most of the times people sat around will started talking freely. But rarely there are people who will sit without uttering a word through out the journey. that will spoil our mood. Your detailed narration shows you enjoyed this trip. It is amzing that the youngsters played cards with you. usually if they are in gang they wanted to be of their own. This time when we came from hyd ( 27 hours journey ) all the other people in the room were very friendly and we were talking and laughing, thus didnt realise the time passed. when each ones station came, we others went to the door to see off them, helping them to get down the luggage etc.
    Eventhough we know we will not have touch with them after that, it is nice to have a good company. you are absolutely right viji.

ganges

4. iyerviji

Dear Ubellah

Welcome to my thread. Glad to know you also like train journeys. Yes Rail sneham helps to enjoy the travel

love
    viji

5. iyerviji

Dear Ganga

Thanks foryour warm welcome. Yes when friendly people are there during our train journey we enjoy the journey. Some people are not so friendly and we dont feel like talking to them. I was also so happy that the youngsters liked our company and played cards with us. Actually they were saying that they dont play cards much. One girl was playing for the first time and she played very well. Her colleague helped her first and then she also learnt the game. Nice to know that you went to the door to see them off.

love
    viji

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

True Viji.
    Train journeys would be enjoyable only when you have good company.
    So you became a referral to this site to one women, got yoga thoughts from the other and played rummi with the youngesters...keep going!

sriniketan

7. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear viji mam

indeed train journey's are enjoyable, when we have good company.

Even i enjoy travelling by train, taking "poliyodarai" and pori bhaji to eat in train. Getting down at station in big junctions and seeing the life around the station is really fun.

8. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma..........only you can make your snippet so interesting to read !!
    The train journey and the lovely company you had took me virtually on a trip from Mumbai - Coimbatore - B'lore and back to mumbai..........

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi viji,

I love train journeys too provided I have fun company,a good novel,a big group to play rummy,my ipod and of course my fav train food lemon rice,curd rice and poori bhaji.:)

10. iyerviji

Dear Bhargavi

Glad to see you here. Ya this time had good company during my train journey.

love
    viji