Traditional Wisdom about incestual relationship

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by kanaka, Nov 24, 2007.

1. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

A discussion about the incestual relation was very perturbing. Some of us also have done a lot of introspection about our "Blood relations". One of the members even expressed that it is high time we stop such loud discussions about matters which though unfortunate does not end with a positive note. I respect her feelings just as I had reservation about our discussion regarding the no. of wicks to be put in the villakku and the type of oil to be used!
    But could I say here that our forefathers/Mothers were right in in maintaining distance to respect the levels of our relations. I remeber my mother saying"Tholluku(shoulders) mele mamavum thozhan. The father kept certaain limits to their interaction with the daughters. They would the mpther giving the message and the Mother too kept up a very respectful distance with their sons. They knew the human mind more than you and I. Such eccentric behaviour did exist in the past but very rarely. It was not noticeable and would never be exposed.
    I would add one more thing here. The girls fail to put up a decent dress in front of their fatherand brother/s. This is in no way a justification for such beastly attitude. Yet ultimately they too are me in human form. This point has no bearing to the case discussed by many of us. But let me tell you our girls should behave with a little prudence. I can mention an incident about a neighburing girl whom we have seen from the age of 3years. Two years ago she came and knocked at the door. My husband happened to open the door. Her dress put him and me in an embarrsing situation. He said immediately"I shall call aunty and left the scene.He was annoyed the way he would with our daughter. This is because we have culture and we consider neighbour's children as ours. But it doesn't take much time to provoke a man who has no such nuances. Hope you will at least comment over my view. kanaka

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi kanaka,

I fully agree with the traditional wisdom..wanted to just give a fb...little busy...want to write a detailed reply to the same...will be back......