Traditional Dress Of Rajasthani Women

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific - Other Areas' started by HarshiniJ, Jan 9, 2013.

1. HarshiniJ

HarshiniJ New IL'ite

Can somebody give me a brief description on Rajasthani traditional attire; I am planning to perform skit and dance related to Rajput dynasty, So need of this information as early as possible. Kindly somebody assist me!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Harshini,

Hope you get good response from other IL's.. i am putting my knowledge here abotu rajasthani dress.. I have seen rajasthani women wearing long plated lehanga( knife plates like in school skirts).. their lehanga will be longgg touching the soles.. blouse covering the whole part of tummy... then they wear chunri covering their head.. they wear chunari like gujrati style saree covering their head too.. they put maangteeka .. i hope you understand teeka.. these are most impprtant rest jhumka, chudi, paayal, bindi and mehendi on hands is compulsory.. try to search for some rajasthani movie in youtube may be you can get better idea.. i guess you watch jodha akbar.. in that jodha played by aishwarya is from rajasthan.. so you can get better idea of rajasthani rajput dress there. good luck.