1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tower Of Strength Vs. Leaning Tower Of Pisa

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Tower of strength versus leaning tower of Pisa :hello:

upload_2021-7-28_18-49-56.jpeg
    upload_2021-7-28_18-50-51.jpeg

That there is an official report that Pisa tower is leaning.
    The tower on left is much older and stronger. Both are engineering marvels and few centuries old.
    But do we know reason why left tower stands erect while the Pisa tower year after year is leaning one to two mms per year.
    Google says Shifting soil had destabilized the tower's foundations. Over the next 800 years, it became clear the 55-metre tower wasn't just leaning but was actually falling at a rate of one to two millimeters per year. Today, the Leaning Tower of Pisa is more than five meters off perpendicular.

As an Indian & as Tamilian we are proud of our ancestors who seemed to have advanced knowledge of various aspects of life and Engineering. While we keep marvelling this way, foreigners taken away knowledge contained in old manuscripts palm leaves written in Sanskrit and Brahmi and other languages and kept themselves busy researching these and announce to the world their findings as if they found it themselves. Example : superman is new Avatar of our lord Hanuman. Drones and aeroplanes are modified old Pushpa Vimanams. Modern missile technology - Dronacharya-Arjuna are forerunners of archery for similar effect.

Bear with me for these and few more blah blah thoughts crossed my mind after seeing these images elsewhere.

2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Why is the title "Is" ?
    Which way should anything lean would depend upon the meaning of the word "IS". One of my past President said it so succinctly:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

:sweatsmile: :sweatsmile: I really wish I had a laughing button here in IL,which could save me from this off topic post

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2021
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

The title is accidental.
    There is no way I could correct it for index page.
    The title i put within box is relevant.
    Leaning has it's own connotations I suppose.
    Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2021
  5. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Like the discovery of penicillin... or the invention of the Post-it Notepad.
    You must research and find out whether or not the houses around the tower of Pisa are leaning. Which way do they lean? At what height the leaning is perceptible ? and so forth.

Thyagarajan likes this.