1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Tourist places in North East

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by Ami, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Hi.

Heard from my friend that Longwood garden in PA seems to be good. Visited the site and ok to me both price & attractionwise, try it..

Rgds.

2. laksn

laksn Senior IL'ite

Thanks

Hi Ami,
    Thanks so much! It is relief to know that it wont cost that much! I am planning a weeks trip to Smoky Mountains, first week of June and hence do not want to spend that much now!! Will check it out!!! Please post if you come across any other place!

Thanks,
    L

3. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Where is this, smoky mountain??

Sure, L..will let you know..

4. laksn

laksn Senior IL'ite

Hi

Smoky Mountains is in Tennesee.. I am going to this place called Gatlingburg, TN....about 11-12 hours from Plainsboro,NJ! and I think you can access Smoky from North carolina too.. You should just go thru the photos online, it is so pretty...My friend lived there for about a year and she said it is a wonderful experience...esp if you go as a group and all.. it would be so much fun I heard. And also was told that there is rafting in North Carolina even for beginners and it is simply superb it seems!

I don know if you have convered Shenondah Valley , williamsburg and busch gardens in VA. I enjoyed all the three...Luray caverns in VA was breathtaking!

By the way where do you live in NJ???Just curious..am in Plainsboro!

5. jayana

jayana Senior IL'ite

Need some ideas....

hi all,

I live near Cleveland area....I need some ideas for a trip for this long weekend....like in IN, II, kentucky.if anybody could suggest some places..etc...that would be great.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Jay

6. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid Platinum IL'ite

Smokey mountains

Hi Ami,
    Smokey mountains is a picturesque and a peaceful place. It is the borderline
    between Tennesse and North Carolina. Last spring we were there, we stayed in
    Maggie valley, North Carolina. It is extremely beautiful and quiet place.
    It is near Cherokee,NC. On the other side there is Gatlinburg in Tennessee.
    Gatlinburg has lot of entertaining things for all ages, but staying there is more
    expensive than staying in North Carolina.
    I think you drove about 10 hours from central NJ, you have to spend 2 days in travel
    atleast. We stayed there 5 days in Maggie valley. The natural scenary is awesome.
    You have to go there once, that I suggest.

D.Vidhyalakshmi

7. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thanks, Vidhya & L..

After seeing both of yr msgs, am tempted to see the place atleast thro sites. Will find in yahoo..

And, L, I live in Monmouth Jct.,(south brunswick) which is closer to yr place!!! Abt VA, the msg is really informative, as we are intending to visit there by June with our in-laws.

Tell me some thing-can we cover all those places in just a day? And, abt cavern, is it ok to go with my elderly inlaws (over 70) & 3 yr old daughter as we have to walk for her too!!! Considering these facts, we are still thinking whether to visit or skip??

Bunch of thanks to you all for sharing info., selflessly..

Rgds.

8. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ami,
    Regarding Luray caverns definitely ask for a wheel chair for your elderly in-laws and come with a stroller for your three year old. I had my parents couple years back and we wanted a wheel chair for my mom she could not walk since it is very steep.Check Luray caverns.com.
    Shenendoah valley is just a drive.You can picnic around the area and kids can play.But other wise nothing much.
    If your kids are into roller coasters etc then Busch Gardens is worth it. Check their websites too.Busch Gardens.com.Busch Gardens is in Williamsburg.It will take more than a day for this. Luray is only a days affair.I live in VA and for me it is 2-3hours drive.Check Williamsburg.com or colonial Williamsburg. The town itself is like an Amish living. I will let you know if you want more info.

Bye,

9. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Great, Anjana..

I thought that they dont provide wheel chair or allow to take stroller to place like caves becoz of the obvious reason(steep). Even in their website, dont remember seeing those facilities, will check again..

Amish living-you mean the one is in PA? Have you been there??

Thank you a looooooooot, Anjana..

Rgds.

10. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Yes Ami

Yes Amish living the one like PA. Even though we live close we have not visited Colonial Williamsburg. We have gone to Busch Gardens many times my son loves the park. We have been to PA Amish place. May be that is why no interest in this.

If I get more info will pass it on to you.
    Bye,