1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Tourist places in North East

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by Ami, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

My inlaws are here with me and as usual, planning to take them somewhere around Eastern area. Other than NY, Washinton DC is there any interesting places to see in and around Pennsylvania etc. BTW, live in New Jersey.

Recently, heard from my friend that there is a boating spot riding in a tunnel near PA which am not sure. Pls let me know the details, if any idea abt it.

Expecting replies from you guys!!

Thanks and Rgds.

2. jayana

jayana Senior IL'ite

U can Try Niagara Falls

Hi Ami,

I don't know much about the place u r asking for ......but since u r in the eastern area u can go to Niagara Falls....its really a beautiful tourist spot, u all will love it, its a recommended place to see.........

Regds,
    Jay

3. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Hi Ami,

How about Pitsburgh temple and Baltimore- I think this is the right time to see cherry blossom(I heard about it from my friend).

cheers,
    mohana.

4. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

around D.C

Hi Ami,
    I live around D.C. area. Cherry blossom is beautiful around this time of the year this weekend is its peak season while you are in d.c.can visit all the museums and of course white house etc.
    There is also shenendovah valley if they can walk through the caves. My in-laws loved it when they where here a while ago. Baltimore aquarium is a wonderful palce too. WILL add more if I happen to remember.
    Regards,
    Anjana

5. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

I have heard that Virginia Caverns are really good with stalactites and stalagmites..

Search for "Virginia Luray Caverns", u might lot of information..

Have a great trip!!

:)

6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thanks, thanks, infinity of thanks!!!

Hi Jayana,

Had been to Niagara falls, but thanks for yr prompt response.

And, selvi, my daughter is 3 yrs old and guess that stroller is not allowed to take, isnt it?? Also, how long we have to walk inside caverns?

That was great, anjana..have noted down whatever you have mentioned. Yes, we are planning to visit D.C, but, by June as the season has not improved fully. BTW, just now checked with my friend who said that in the border of virginia & DC, in the highway itself, there is a open tunnel which has water on both sides(just a drive only to see). Any idea on what I am talking?? Earlier, have wrongly mentioned in PA.

Mohana, thanks for suggesting Pittsburgh. Yes, it is worth to club both WV & the said place. Guess that you are from CT. Any good place or temple to visit?? How abt Dakshinamurthy temple in PA? Is it like a proper south indian temple or what??

Sorry pals for too many queries.

Rgds and Thank you all once again..

7. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

8. laksn

laksn Senior IL'ite

Places to visit in North east!

Hi Ami,
    Few places I think would be good---may be you have covered all these--

1) Mount Pocono
    2) Delware Water Gap
    3) Amish village
    4) Philly downtown
    5) Cape May
    6) Martha's Vineyard-enroute to Boston
    7) Boston ofcourse!
    8) Castles in Providence
    9) North conway---abosolutely breathtaking if you love nature.. is in New Hampshire
    10) Caverns- Luray and Shenandoah Valley in Virgina-- out of thw world.. I loved it..
    11) Jamestown, yorktown, colonial Williamsburg- Virginia---amazingo!
    12) Bear Mountain- Ny
    13) hershey Park- PA

9. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ami,
    I think you are mentioning about Chesapeake bay tunnel. I was there 2 years back.
    You can go the site www.cbbt.com The drive was very spectacular and you will
    drive under the sea. It connects the Delaware and Virginia, it is a 19 mile bay bridge and tunnel. It is worth seeing and driving.

Another thing you asked is Dakshinamoorthy temple right? It is in Saylorsburg,PA.
    There is a Ashram of Swami Dayananda Saraswati and the temple. I was there for the last New Year. It is quiet place. You can get the details from their site
    www.arshavidya.org

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  10. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

You both are my tourist chief!!

That was great Vidhya & laksn..I was so surprised & thrilled on seeing yr immediate answers for any kind of questions. unbelievable!!!!

The site has been so helpful, vidhya. Mere thanks is not just enough. Still, sincerely appreciate yr selfless favor in this regard.

And, laksn, wow, the lists are so attractive and more than enough for the next few months. Though we have covered 3 to 4 already, rest of them are still yet to see. Wish that we all should stay each other to discuss minor to major things.

Have a few queries, sorry.... castles in providence??? So, it must be indoors(silly query)?? Is there any site or can I surf in yahoo directly? Philly downtown means it is in Philadelphia and what is the specialty there? Similarly, what is that in Jamestown, VA?

I am really really feeling bad to take this much privilege to all of you. Pls bear that.

Pls take yr time to reply and no rush at all..

With Sincere Regards