tourist places in and around guruvayoor,kerala

Discussion in 'Travel' started by pav_3, Sep 17, 2010.

1. pav_3

pav_3 Senior IL'ite

Hello friends,

we are planning to visit guruvayoor temple in november. this will be a short trip (2 days).please suggest me nearby tourist spots/temples...
    is there is any direct train to guruvayoor from chennai? which is the nearest airport to guruvayoor? Also, i would love to stay that night in a boat house enjoying back waters....please help me plan my trip.i have never been to kerala before...kindly pour in your suggestions for good accomodation,places to cover etc....

thanks
    pavi

2. lex123

lex123 New IL'ite

You can get all the information about visiting Guruvayur Temple here, which includes how to reach there, timings, temple festivals, nearby hotels, nearby tourist attractions, etc.

3. Pars

Pars New IL'ite

Wow...u hope to do a lot in two days...
    Temple itself will take up a day depending on the day u will be visiting. It is one of the busiest temple in kerala, esp on weekends. If u know somebody at the temple, that will help a lot. I don't know of any tourist places nearby. Thrissur is the nearest town and there are some big and famous temples there. Accommodation u should visit the site our friend suggested. Sreekrishna Inn is good and that is where we stay when we visit. There are a lot good hotels in all tariff range..u should visit the internet sites, check the tariff, get the no and call and confirm.
    The houseboat thing is famous in alleppey, which is far from Guruvayoor and I don't think u will be able to manage that in 2 days time. The nearest airport is cochin and from there transport to guruvayoor will be easy...
    Hope u have a good time