Tourism - Discover Kerala

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Chitra29, Feb 25, 2010.

1. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

dear chitra wonderful informations about the tourist package!
    keep posting dear! thanks for the info!

2. Chitra29

Chitra29 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Yamini
    Thanks for your FB.

Hi All

Monsoon Tourism - Kerala - Mazha Yathra

Full Day Program
    Starts from the Facilitation Centre, Thusharagiri, near Calicut(Kozhicode), Kerala at 8 am 7 ends at 5.30 pm covers around 10 km inside the forest.

The trip will be thro' Eerattumukku, Avinhithodu and Honey Rock and it will also cover other hilly areas & water falls.
    For this program each tourist is charged an amount of Rs.350
    which includes Entrance Fee & Food.

These tours are conducted in Batches with One Guide for each batch.
    Maximum no. of persons in a batch would be 15 & a minimum of 4.

DTPC regional centre has already started booking for this year.

Then why wait??!!
    You can sing "Adada mazhada... ada mazha daa....."!!!
    & Enjoy Southwest monsoon at its peak now!!
    Happy Planning!!

With Love
    chitra

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  3. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Hi Chitra,

Thanks for the info. But i need a help. These trips and packages are very confusing. I am new to kerala and dont know anything about kerala places. Since i see that you are residing in kerala it wud be very helpful if you could list the must see places in kerala. With these places we can plan a trip. Can you please help me??

Thanks in advance

4. Chitra29

Hi sweety
    Kerala state is sandwiched between Arabian sea on the west & wetern ghats on the East.
    The northern most district of kerala is kasargod & the southern most district is Thiruvananthapuram.
    Each district has unique places to see, enjoy & live close to nature.
    Where are you going to stay?
    Thats going to decide what are all the places you can see within your timeframe!!
    Please open the link below to view the map of kerala with important tourist places marked on it.

Kerala Tourism Map,Tourist Map of kerela

Suppose you are choosing Thiruvananthapuram as your place of stay then refer the link below to see important tourist places.

Trivandrum Travel,Travel to Trivandrum,Travel Trivandrum,Trivandrum India Travel,Trivandrum in Kerala

Apart from the places mentioned in the site you can also visit Mathoor Thotti palam & Padmanabhapuram palace on the way between Trivandrum & kanniyakumari is worth seeing!!
    See the link below to know more, one of my threads on Thottipalam

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/travel/43887-interesting-places-i-visited.html

If you want to enjoy backwaters, boat house sailing & living and love to visit temples you can choose Kottayam or Kollam as your staying place & see the link below.

Kottayam Travel,Travel to Kottayam,Travel Kottayam,Kumarakom Travel,Kumarakom Travel Package

Kollam Travel,Travel to Kollam,Travel Kollam,Kollam India Travel,Kollam Travel Packages

Thenmala - Eco tourism is one of the must see place which can be visited either from Thiruvananthapuram or Kollam. One whole day is enough to trek, boat & see other places at Thenmala.
    The beautuful beach Varkala is also located in between Kollam & trivandrum.
    I've uploaded some beautiful pictures of Varkala beach in one of my threads & its link is
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/d...photography-my-collection-13.html#post1242346
    So far we've completed three southern district of Kerala.

Ernakulam(Cochin) & Alappuzha(Alleppey)
    Ernakulam is the commercial capital, Spice city & the biggest city of kerala. The much known Munnar is nearest from here.
    Alapuzha has got a very beautiful beach & also one of the places for boarding & hiring Boathouses.
    Refer link below
    Ernakulam Travel,Travel to Ernakulam,Travel Ernakulam,Ernakulam Travel Packages,Ernakulam Travel Tours

Alappuzha Travel,Travel to Alappuzha,Travel Alappuzha,Alleppey Travel

Wayanad
    To know more see the link below
    Wayanad Travel,Travel to Wayanad,Travel Wayanad,Wayanad Tourism,Tourism in Wayanad

I don't know whether I cleared your doubts or confused more....!!
    First decide on stay then plan your trip.
    Happy Planning
    chitra

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  5. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Hi Chitra,

Thank you so much for the detailed reply. Right now am residing in hyd but planning to visit kerala with DH sometime this year.

We asked a couple of frens everyone suggests Munnar and if possible trip to lakshadweep from cochin....we may have a max of 4 days only...:bonk

but after i saw your post i learnt that there are many more places apart from Munnar so got confused :spin

6. Chitra29

Hi Sweety
    If you want to stay away from mainland surrounded by sea & like to indulge in water sports activities then Lakshadweep would be good.
    Please go Through the Link
    Lakshadweep Tours,Lakshadweep Tour,Lakshadweep Tour Packages,Lakshadweep Island Tours

If you want to have an experience of living in a boathouse then come either to Ernakulam(Cochin) or Kottayam or Alappuzha hire a boathouse stay for a day, have kerala food, & enjoy back waters of kerala, etc.,...
    Next day you can shift your base to Munnar(5 hours journey uphill from Ernakulam) live among Tea Gardens, go for trekking enjoying the beauty of western ghats, shop tea & spices,...
    Then come back to Cochin & see important historic places , then of course do shopping,....
    Then catch a train or fligyt from Cochin to your place.
    The link below gives almost all details nicely on South India & especially Kerala Tour.
    http://www.kerala-tourism.net/index.html
    I think I made it clear.
    Wishing you a good & enjoyable trip to Kerala
    chitra

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  7. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Chitra,

you have almost planned my trip...........thank you so much.........:)

i love shopping.........will buy all i can from kerala....:idea

Definitely will take this as a start point and plan the rest of the trip......... kudos to you dear!!