Tough family situations during my pregnancy... how do i deal with them

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by shashiprp, Sep 6, 2011.

1. shashiprp

shashiprp New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

while on one side i am in 6th month of my pregnany, i am facing a series of situations which i never came across... though i am not stressed out, i am not in good mood either...

I am in USA and my brother is in India.... he and his wife have some marriage problems between them which i have no clue of... they have stopped talking to me and how many ever times i called them, they are not picking up phone...i was so close to my brother and never expected this from him... i havent done anything fos such a situation to arise...

then comes my MIL... she wants a baby boy... now howmany ever times i tell her that its not in my hands, she keeps saying again and again that i should have baby boy.. she tells every time on webcam that i look dark etc etc... now even if i ignore, i cannot seem to forget bcoz she says the same thing everytime..there are high expectations set on yet to be born baby and is already being compared with my BIL's daughter...

rest otherwise, my hubby is very close to me and we are eagerly waiting for baby arrival...
    please suggest me how to deal with these situations which are only putting pressure on my yet to be born baby

2. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

relax and be calm.do not bother much about your MIL.She will repeat her desire how many ever times you try to make her understand. Just leave it as long as you and your DH are ready to accept a healthy baby.Reg your brother email him to see if he responds.Else talk to your parents to see if they are helping your brother to resolve his marital issue.If nothing works out remain calm for sometime and try calling your brother after sometime..time should heal a lot of things.Good luck with your pregnancy.

3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations on your baby arrival? When is baby due? As long as your dh is supporting you and ove, don't worry about anyone. Your health is most important. Is anyone coming form India to help you? Regarding your brother, he is in India and he gets supports form the family and friends. He may not want to bother you now. Don't think he does not car eof you. I feel that they care for you too much and don't want you to worry about them.

Regarding your MIl, just ignore her. She is from the old tradition. Some people say that then when they see the baby, forget everything. Regarding about color etc, she feels she is supposed to say that. Don't pay attention to that. We never say anyone is pretty or attractive.
    Enjoy life. God Bless you with healthy child.