1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Touching Feet At In Law's

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by AditiShining, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viswa, the above are beautiful practices that help to maintain a sense of love, belonging and care among different generations of family or just between human beings connected to each other in any way.

The problem arises when these practices are solely expected of women towards their in-laws.

You follow your wife's cue. Generally speaking, if a man tries to follow his wife's cues in the matter of prostrating or touching the feet of elders, he will be explicitly stopped from doing so.

chanchitra and Viswamitra like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Generally my wife is very liberal in asking me to prostrate along with her to get blessings from elders in both families. But she also senses how likely the elders are to bless us. If she has suspicion about their good intention, she would never offer to prostrate next time and since I look for her cue, there will never be a situation where she doesn’t want to but I offered to do it.

3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

This isn't a common practice in our community and no one ask/force to touch their feet and get blessings from them. Yes, I touch my parents feet and take blessings on some occasions. I also touch feet of others when I feel they are good and well wishers of mine.

Dishaa and Viswamitra like this.