1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Touching a nerve

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by LakshmiKMBhat, Sep 20, 2013.

1. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Sometimes, an incident or a person or a place or something very trivial touches a nerve and opens the gateway to memories of incidents , incidents which had happened long ago. Incidents which had changed so much in so many peoples’ lives. Something good had been lost. Over the years they become just memories which people try to forget , but are always there, in some corner of the mind, far below the surface. The present is too precious to waste on the past. It is rightly said when we keep thinking about the past or always worry about what the future is in store for us, we do not really live the present. But, sometimes something happens, all those submerged memories come to the surface troubling us once more for a short time. Life goes on and it is too precious to waste time and emotions on what does not really matter in the ‘present’.:)
    Long back I had noted down these lines which I had read somewhere, ‘ It is easy enough to look back and after things have unfolded see where you made your mistakes, but it isn’t so easy to see them beforehand. Sometimes I think that by being able to see only an inch before our noses, we are taught humility and our dependence on a power wiser than ours.’
    View attachment 196197

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

"Sometimes I think that by being able to see only an inch before our noses, we are taught humility and our dependence on a power wiser than ours" - Lovely lines those LakshmiKMBhat. Enjoyed reading this blog. Thans very much. -rgs

3. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Thanks:) Yes, I too liked those lines very much, it is so true.
    Lakshmi