1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Toronto Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Toronto & vicinity' started by cheer, Mar 14, 2006.

1. vishasanjayrana

vishasanjayrana New IL'ite

hi, i m still in india but will be relocating to toronto in march. can anyone extend a hand of good friendship so that some of my anxiety of relocating to a new land with a small son and an elder daughter be dealt with. v have friends in toronto but i want to know a lot of things before i go there.

:thankyou2:

2. vishasanjayrana

vishasanjayrana New IL'ite

hi, i will be moving to toronto in march, and m planning to live in area of scarborough, any possibilities of finding a part-time job since i have a less than a year old kid. pls help with advice.

3. Yaso

Yaso New IL'ite

Hi all - from yaso

Hi all,

I am living in Ajax.We moved from Scarborough to Ajax the last June. I have been 5 years in canada. I came from Thirunelveli. I can speak tamil. I always like to chat and meet with friends.

I am new this site, I came to know this site from one of my friend. It's good...

4. sreemu

sreemu Bronze IL'ite

Hi yaso and vishasanjayrana

nice to meet u i am sree and i live in mississauga for last 2 yrs

ragarding part time jobs u will get as long as u r willing to take wht comes ur way rather than picking and choosing wht u want
    sree

5. Swatic

Swatic New IL'ite

Hi:hiya

I am Swati, a Kannadiga from Mumbai, shifted to Pune after marriage.

I am a software engineer by profession and work. I have a son, aged four and a half years. I am currently located in London, ON but plan to shift to Mississauga later next year to join my husband who is currently in Toronto.

I came upon this forum while searching for an online Indian community in Canada and am very happy to be part of it.

Please could some good localities/good schools be suggested in Mississauga to help me decide where to settle in Mississauga?

Looking forward to making new friends..:)

:thankyou2:

6. sreemu

sreemu Bronze IL'ite

Hi swati
    welcome to IL my name is sree and i am from andhra i too have two boys mississauga is a nice place with a mixed crowd
    i live opp to square one mall and the schools r good here better to see which school u like and then search for a place near by

sree

7. Swatic

Swatic New IL'ite

Hi Sree

Thanks for your inputs and nice knowing u too r from the South.

I have heard about Square One from the few visits I have been able to make to Mississauga, but never actually been able to visit it. Plan to come down and visit sometime soon.

Knowing boys, your 2 must be quite a handful. My son sure has so much energy it make me wonder sometimes how to keep him occupied. Being a small place, London doesn't have the best of options, but we try to get him involved in different activities. I think Mississauga offers more choices and more of an "Indian enviornment" in how kids are bought up.

:)

8. Swatic

Swatic New IL'ite

Hello Ladies

Have been unable to catch up with the forum since things have been relatively busy with the schools closed and also it being the time for get-togethers with friends.

Wishing you and your family a Happy and Prosperous New Year and hope the holidays were enjoyable.

Looking forward to 2009 since we are in the process of finalising our plans to move to Mississauga. An exciting and busy time ahead for sure! Will post future updates.

Enjoy!:cheers
    talk to ya soon...:wave:
    Swati

9. vgetin

vgetin New IL'ite

Hi All:
    Nice to meet all of you here....I am from south india and living in Durham region. Just want to know if any of you know of any shops where I can buy idols (other than gerrard street!!).
    Thanks in advance

10. Misha_K

Misha_K New IL'ite

Hello vgetin

There is a Devi Mandir in <st1:city><st1:place>Pickering</st1:place></st1:city> which I frequently visit and they have some idols on display in the lobby .

You can visit their website for location, contact information and other details. Hope this helps!!

Devi Mandir - More than a place of worship