Top 7 Impactful Entries - 4th Annual International Women’s Day Blog Contest 2013!

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Umakk

Umakk Silver IL'ite

Your point is valid...Actually, even i never saw the terms and conditions...I just saw the contest entry page and just expressed the views from my heart...never even thought of prize and conditions...i guess most of them has done that....finally we need good solutions.....but your concern is valid...may be from next time they will remove the word limit condition ....

2. Moumita1

Moumita1 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Please don't think that we are ignoring the entries which have confirmed to the word limit. But that itself is not the only criteria for being the winning entry. If we have an amazing entry within word limit, our judges are trying to choose that. All of the entries are wonderful. Choosing 7 out of 124 is very tough, when every entry is a great post. Judges have their discretionary powers, which they are exercising to bring to us some of the gems of the collection.

In my personal capacity, I am in awe of each one of the posts.

Regards,

Moumita

3. Moumita1

Moumita1 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

You are always welcome to re-edit your post. In fact, there's no way we can control edits, and re-edits for each post.

However, there's no way we can guarantee that we will be considering the edited or redited versions. The post which will be in front of us at the time of judging will be considered, edits or not.

There had been many omissions: people have not attached the banner, or the link to the contest. They have not made their posts open to public viewing, they have written in languages other than English, and they have exceeded the word limit.

It was a tough call for judges to decide which all entries made the cut. At the end, two things have emerged, (1) the contest entry must have both the url and the image, and (2) the brilliance of the language in expressing an idea.

I am hoping that this contest has opened our thought processes and set us thinking; that every entry made us realise that we must come forward and have our say; and that as women our opinions matter.

I hope you had as much fun in participation, as we had in organising this. This is one contest, I'd like to believe, transcends winning or losing. Its about being ourselves.

Regards,

Moumita

4. sarong

sarong New IL'ite

5. sarong

sarong New IL'ite

Ok got the point...:thumbsup

6. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Congratulations ppavalamani.

7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations prasannaprao and arch. :-D

8. sudharaghav

sudharaghav Silver IL'ite

congratulations to everyone :)

9. meetasabnis

meetasabnis New IL'ite

Hearty congratulations to the winners. While I am in total appreciation of the wonderful writing of each and every participant, I guess, it would have been really nice if the judging committee abided by all the rules of the competition set by them. The word limit was 500 words and one of the winning entry was more than 1000 words. I am not criticizing anyone here but I guess it would have been quite fair for the others who tried to contain their thoughts within the word limit.

10. KKRRITTI

KKRRITTI New IL'ite

Congratulations, ppavalamani. :thumbsup

~Kriti~:hiya