Top 5 sites for content writers to find work from home

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by vandanarajesh, Jan 7, 2010.

1. lkannan

lkannan New IL'ite

hi Vandana

Thanks for the gr8 post on WFH option. It is a real eye opener for women like me trying to go back to work.

I had a question for you. Please let me know how to tackle the payment options with employers. Is it safe to give bank account number? Craigslist.org advises against giving acct details.. But how else would the employer pay you?
    Please let me know how you tackled this.

Thanks
    Lkannan

2. ranimdas123

ranimdas123 New IL'ite

Hi All Lovely Ladies Out Here,

First of all Vandana, the article requires a loud applause. It is very helpful to all the budding freelance writers. I am also a freelancer, a novice in this field. One site I found very helpful in getting freelance writing jobs is naukri2000.com. Just register there and upload your resume.

Second there are lots are online magazines and forums like theyouthexpress, Jammag etc looking for freelancers. Approaching them might help those who want work from home options. Another site I bumped into is Ayushveda. Though they sound credible, I have not worked with them. Clay - The Travel and Holiday blog is where you can just post your travel articles. Here you might not be paid initially. But it will be helpful in future. Freelance jobs are in its infancy in India. You will need to toil a lot in making a mark in this field. Atleast that is what I feel with my humble 1 year of experience in this arena. ifoodtv was also on the lookout freelance writers recently. Not sure if the opening is still available.

I will update with openings as and when I come across one. Till then take care and keep writing.

3. Dear Lkannan,
    When I started work I used to have the cheque delivered by post to my home address however, as work grew and most people prefer to pay throught paypal or an online bank transfer have started a bank account purely for work. Do not go about giving your acct details to a stranger while applying for the job itself(like craigslist advises) however, in the long term a bank transfer or a paypal acct is the safe and quickest way of receiving money for your work. Like the real world, there are also quite a few frauds in the virtual world so make sure before you proceed.

4. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

The tips were really helpful.Thankyou

5. aarpee25

aarpee25 New IL'ite

Thanx vandana for the useful websites

6. sudhasb2002

sudhasb2002 New IL'ite

hi.
    I am sudha.i am interested in doing content writing.how much do you pay per article

7. tanvipandey

tanvipandey New IL'ite

Thank you so much for the useful information.
    I have joined the website yesterday only so could not reply earlier..
    It really helps a lot in motivating a person to write.

Tanvi

8. drsurabhijain

drsurabhijain Silver IL'ite

9. jerryruban

jerryruban New IL'ite

Hai,

im experienced in SEO, if you have any oppurtunity and have plans to promote your websites please do contact me.

Im looking for some partime jobs in SEO, content writing, online advertising, Page rank increase, Data entry.

Expecting some positive responses.

Jerry.

10. kalpanaceo

kalpanaceo New IL'ite

Informatics Outsourcing is an Offshore Content Writing Service company providing best Medical content Writing, Technical Writing, Proofreading, Prepress Work, Scientific content writing service with affordable price.