1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Top 3 reasons for fight between u and ur spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Jaishree123, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

:cheers

Devika

There is so much truth in your words. I totally agree with it.
    It sounds like of someone been there , done that.
    Great words of advice from you,Keep up the good work. Lets have your wisdom in other threads too.

Ria

2. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

The 3 reasons that piss me off and i end up with a swollen face-

- Untidy/cluttering in the house
    - The topic of conversation may be mine, but if he begins an input of his own - it becomes one of his and keeps going on and on; finally forgettijng the real topic of talk
    - Not very punctual

Charu..

3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

What Devika has mentioned is true. And i am sure that everyone agrees that it is difficult to change a strong relation between the husband & his parents. I would say that it is the same with the wife too. And remember that the wife is leaving all her past behind and making a new start...so if the husband is not supportive then i am sure the wife will feel insecure and that is when the fight/arguments start.

If the wife is well accepted in the family i see no reason why they would want to spoil the atmosphere in the family. So wife and husband have to meet half way and make the marriage work...it is impossible to do it all alone.

If the husband is taking good care of the wife and there is no domestic abuse, or financial problems or a third person involved then i am sure even the wife will be letting go of small issues in their day to day life.

After all the institution of Marriage is based on adjustments and compromise.

Roopa.

4. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

My top three reasons:

1. My inlaws.
    2. My inlaws
    3. My inlaws.

Enough said. :)

5. nyeturi

nyeturi New IL'ite

We used to fight only for one thing,
    1, Thats his smoking habit, I tried a lot to control him, everytime I asked him to stop he used to tell from today onwards I wont smoke. But no change, he used to smoke but he will argue with me that he stopped smoking so weekly twice we used to fight for this, but recently he got some pain in his chest (not heart problem but his mom died with heart attack) so now he started thinking of his health and lil scared about his health. So he realized and he stopped by himself with my support, so from that day he is not smoking. So now we are very happy there are no fightings.

6. keshavkutts

keshavkutts Senior IL'ite

We all fight with our ..mom / dad / brother / sister /friends / children's...& all we love and care. Its okay to argue and fight as long as we have a strong foundation in relationship.

TOP REASONS I FIGHT:
    I fight with my husband mostly when he decides for me...I want to decide and to do my stuff...:cool2:
    Also when it comes to my 2yr toddler - HOW TO RAISE A KID?:cheers

7. charukamath

charukamath New IL'ite

I must appreciate Jaishree for thinking about this topic...really interesting!!1
    Ok here u go the top 3 on my chart!!! -

1. He is WORKAHOLIC to the core..
    ME: I used to crib a lot but didn't help..so now I just let him work howmuch ever he wants to (includes weekends too)..which is quite depressing at times without him but he makes sure he gives me HALF AN HOUR of his time every day just to me...and Sundays we go out to a movie, or dinner or both or hangout with friends..so its ok..AT end of it i know he loves me a lott...thats keeps me going and not cribbing much :)

2. His parents...they are wonderful people but sometimes they can be interfering but thats OK..My hubby feels i should not leave them alone and hangout with my friends every weekend..which is not fair!! (they both are very much independent and have good health by god's grace so its not that they aren't keeping well or something)..there have been times when my MIL fell sick with viral fever and i took leave for her..cos i truly care for them..don't expect that from my hubby cos he is always at work & busy..I too need a change in my life from the daily office routine..(pls tell me if i am wrong in that!!)
    ME: I try to go out only alternate weekends that too just for few hours and with my in-laws permission...they dnt mind generally but just to be on safer side and not to mess up things I prefer being cautious...

3.NO VACATIONS WITH JUST HIM...I really miss on this..I wish I get to spend 2-3 days with him once in 6months or at least an year somewhere disconnected with rest of the world but he has no time for it...he is a busy man!!! :-( he is either traveling or has work..so cant take leaves for more than a day :-(
    ME: just take it as it is...i definitely crib n cry at times...but then i would wait for the day he feels the need for vacation with me :)

BUT HE IS A GREAT HUSBAND..I LOVE HIM A LOT..his small gestures make my day..and i just love being with him (touch wood!!)

8. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

This seems to be a very popular thread. Top three reasons for fight between me and my DH is:
    i) in-laws
    ii) money related matters
    iii) not spending enough time with me

-Priya

9. saheli08

saheli08 New IL'ite

Usually its me starting the argument.

top three reasons are;

- he is a WORKAHOLIC- work work work and nothing else
    no time for me

- His parents( back home) and relatives nearby
    always poking their nose in our business which drives me crazy:crazy
    his inability to say "no" to his family
    stressing himself and me out

- Money issues
    thinks I don't care about money which is not true!!

10. nikkypk

nikkypk New IL'ite

top 3 reasons tht me n DH fight are

1) im a very talkative person and he is exactly the opposite...so sumtimes i get fed up listening to just my voice!!

2) he likes to cook and has a grt idea of cookin ...but the bad part is tht i dont like it ven he cums and interferes in my cooking...but to tell u the truth ,his suggestions does make the dish seem tastier (though i wud never admit tht to him!!!):shhh:

3)over which movie to watch...u guys wont believe hw long v take to decide on a movie!!!!since both of us hv got opposite tastes!!!

but i love my hubby just the way he is!!!!!!!!!:kiss