1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

toothless grin..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sathya, Nov 30, 2007.

1. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello here is my first one...!

The toothless grin….
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    The tousled curly hair made it right up to her dimples. She had that impish look. It was always fun and interesting to watch her.
    <o:p></o:p>
    She loved to chatter. Quite a few neighbours came in to `listen’ to her chatter. Sometimes she was silent, day dreaming? About what? we wondered.
    While noodles and dosas were her favourite she had an on sweets be it rasagollas or mysorepak. She often tiptoed to the shelf and popped in a sweet or two.
    An independent streak she did possess especially when she went to the toilet. She would bolt the door from inside and have us worrying. Was she safe? Hope she will not slip. What if the water is too hot or chill.. I have to ask the carpenter to fix a hook on the bathroom door so that we can open it from outside lest she has some trouble. That’s our worry I guess. She never did have any of these doubts and wiped her feet with a special towel.

She loved a nice outing in the car. She will demand a window seat anywhere just to watch the passers by or the vehicles or trees or birds. Boy, does she have an interest in clothes. Colours enhanced her looks. She loved red and green and blue. Those simple stripes, grey or sober shades were not for her. So red it was for her birthday.
    A nice little outing was planned where we invited friends and relatives for an eat out at a new upcoming restaurant. The restaurant was informed of our arrival as we were a little more than a dozen. Three tables were put together to make it a gala dinner.
    The lights went out, and out came the waiter with a huge cake and brightly lit candles. You must have seen the look on her face. Wow she did enjoy every second. There was the candle blowing. The chorus singing, happy birthday to you. From the look of her face and the toothless grin, we could make out she did not expect this huge celebration. The happiness got contagious that everyone started talking animatedly and she loved every minute. . The dinner served. She took the cauliflower manchuri with a toothpick and stylishly ate it. The ice cream came next. With the others getting on with dinner, she was fast enough to make a grab at the nearest one. She could not eat it as fast as she wanted to. Some spilled on to her dress but was she aware?. She was so adorable that all of us have planned to go out for her birthday every year.
    Some difference in age you might say. Cute dimples and toothless grins, great outings and colourful dress, sweet tooth and adventurous streak, mama mine is like a two year old grand daughter …!
    sathya

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sathya,
    going to read it to mom, tell her she is becoming famous by her description here..sk

3. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

sathya,

Your description just reminded me of my grandmother - she loved life and lived upto it.

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

முதல் முதல் என்று சொலீ
    மனதில் முதல் இடத்தை பிடித்த
    என் நண்பி சத்யா
    இது உணரும் ஆச்சர்யம் இல்லை
    உங்களுக்கு ஏக பட்ட
    தலேன்ட் இருஉகு
    இன்னும் நெறைய இது மாதிரி
    எயுத வேண்டும்
    என்று அன்புடன் வேண்டி கொள்கேரன்
    நன்றி நின் தாய் கு தான் !

5. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    That was real nice one... There are few things in life... Which cannot be bought at any cost... I has to be realised, cherished etc... One among them is the pleasure of making the parents happy and enjoy... Gr8 description... Hope you enjoyed it to the fullest and agree with me...

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice blog, Sathya!
    when my children gave their great grand mother (my grandma) a gift on her birthday, she was bleaming with joy saying that no one celebrated hers as such.
    Your blog brought those memories back.

7. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello akka

i told her...she wanted every word read out...
    and enjoyed it

sathya

8. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello chitrajan

long time no see...
    busy busy bee...?
    glad you enjoyed it

sathya

9. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello chitra