1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Took Primolut N followed by Irregular periods, appreciate any help

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Niveditha85, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Niveditha85

Niveditha85 New IL'ite

hi, I took primolut N for nearly 15 days from May 19th until May 31st to postpone my period. I got my periods on Jun 2nd, my cycle after that was quite unusual. my next period was on Jul 25th (usually I used to get in 30 days cycle). My next period was on Aug 30th. I was expecting either pregnancy symptoms or periods for my next cycle. But spotting started from 1st Oct followed by slight bleeding and continued until 28th of oct. I was relieved a bit that it stopped, but slight spotting started again from 2nd november. I consulted a gynec on 11th oct (hcg blood result was negative) and she asked me to wait for another 6 weeks from now say (22nd of Nov). I am really frustated of this without a clue why its happening as I am supposed to wait another 3 weeks to consult my doctor. It annoys everytime I urinate. I am worried whether are these symptoms of any disease. Please advice.

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Primolut-N is a harmone tablet and should be taken only under medical advice. There are people who suffer form Intra Uterine Bleeding and harmonal imbalances who are prescribed to take this tablet. Did you tell your doctor that you took Primolut-N? Because if harmones are disturbed unecessarily (changing the nature's course) it may have its reaction in the body and get them back in balance is a himalayan task as lot of sufferings one has to go through. So better don't take medicine just like that to prepone or postpone periods.

3. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Primolut is synthetic progesterone-the hormone in whose absence you bleed cyclically every month.So to postpone you maintain a artificial state of progesterone so you donot bleed which on stopping causes withdrawal bleed not regular period.Since it is a hormone for some the effects on normalising the cycle may take longer than others.Advisable to take a ultrasound pelvis preferably from below(transvaginal) to see if there is no problem in the uterine lining/ovaries.