1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Too small? Not for me!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC,
    I am amazed - such profound philosophy at such a young age ! You are heading the jnani (who am I ?) way !

So, as a "foodie", am I munching all the time? You cannot be more correct, my young friend. But for a change, it was "thoughts" & not "snacks" !

But, jokes apart, I did enjoy your post.
    Now, a few more ponderings, no more munchings !

A potful of water is empty of space
    An empty pot is full of space.

Full of you and empty of the Divine (we are)
    But bliss is
    Full of the Divine and empty of you.

Now, I know, its hightime, I stop. Don't worry !
    Love
    to
    Sri & Chitra
    From
    Chithra.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC
    From nothing we came and into nothing we will all go. The 'I' looms large when we forget we are nothing and think that we are something but when it is time to pass off into nothing whence we came, the 'I' gets dissolved!
    Our gratitude to the Big C can not be expressed adequately for opening our eyes!
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    For the benefit of those who are not able to follow the inner meaning of Shanthi Mantra, I would add the following:
    Everything is complete in itself - the inner self, the outer self, are all Purnam. When pots are made out of mud in different shapes, the space outside and inside is different. When the pot breaks, the inner space gets mingled with the outer space and becomes one. The inner space has been created from the outer space. Whatever is visible is perishable. You are able to identify the inner space only because of the mud-pot. The one which can be seen or identified is perishable, and the one which cannot be seen is imperishable. Imperishable can create the perishable, but perishable cannot create the imperishable. The inner space cannot create the outer space, but the outer space can create hundreds of inner spaces. The shanthi patha is chanted thrice : for aathma shanthi, mana shanthi and sharira shanthi. Once he identifies that the pot is only temporary, the pot can break and the inner self will join with the outer self, the total shanthi comes to him. Shanthi reaches all the three levels : the external, the internal and the subtlest level. A person who does not understand this, does not get peace.
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear AC
    Wow! Your meteoric rise as a philosopher is truly amazing! You can rub shoulders with Socrates who was the father of nothing, the existentialist Jean Paul Sartre, Martin Heidegger to name a few! The fact that you have come to realise that you know nothing of anything proves that you know nothing of nothing which is the highest state of evolution according to the nihilists!You never cease to amaze me, AC!Sri

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ayyare,
    Sandadi sakkile
    Big C
    endru ezuthi ennai vambukku izakkanuma ? Ithu atma visaranaikku naduvil thevaiyaa?
    ( In the middle of all this probing of nothing, something and everything, is it necessary to refer to me as Big C , just to tease me?).Rant
    What are you hinting at, Sri Sir?tsk
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Cheeniya

"A potful of water is empty of space
    An empty pot is full of space."

Dear Chithra
    An amazing two-line exposition of Advaitha! That which is within is the same as without. When we fill the pot with water, the space within merges with the space without and the distinction between the two disappears. Thus, when we drink the water of Gnana, the space within, which is the root of all ahamkara, disappears slowly, until the duality of exitence disappears from our minds!
    Kudos to you, Chithra. No wonder you have come to occupy the exalted position in IL!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    Since I am a C too, I want this to be clearly established that you are the Big C in IL!
    Reason #1: You have been here longer than me
    Reason #2: You have written a lot more and that too touching on every aspect of life
    Reason #3: You have a lot more followers/admirers to whom you are a Godmother!
    Reason #4: Is it necessary?:wink:
    Sri

8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

wow Cheeniya,

Glad that i did not post my fb too soon....my my so much philosophy on Nothing and Something and Everything. It started off as too Small and Too big and see where the fbs from our small C, Middle C and Senior C 's all have led us into. :hatsoff
    What a profound thread.....i think this whole thread has to be nominated for the best post of this month!
    Enjoyed each and every bit of your post( like Chitra has rightly pointed , such perfect english, we hardly get to read in this Age!)

One more thing to add to Nothing! or should i say Confusion!?Well when a wife says this to her Husband " NOTHING".....well i guess it means SOMETHING really BIG! :queen

Well let me see what the expert Cs have to say on this thought or should i say word between 2 adults who are bonded in a way no other relationships in this world are bonded!

9. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Dear cheeniya sir

i just had went thru ur post and then 2 pages of fb by others n ur reply to them...finally what i cud c was a clear visu movie type dialogues being exchanged in the fb and the comments.......ipdi paithiyangalukku vaithiyam pakara doctor ke paithiyam pidicha avar endha paithiyangalukku vaithiyam pakara paithiyakara doctor kitta vaithiyam parthuppar ???bonkbonk

nothing,everything,something...........nalla words sir.idha vetchu oru mini movie eduthuteenga....nothing is too small oh illai nothing is too big oh.....life la we need to have a postive thinking abt anything we do and am sure that wud give us enuf excitement and strength to achieve what we want........so it actually depends on each person to think whether they shud go for Nothing is too small or Nothing is too big......final ah urupta seri....:iagree:iagree

enna naan solradhu ???

lov
    Sowmi

10. Cheeniya

Dear Sudha
    As a man who has been married for 40 years, I agree with you in toto that if a wife says nothing to her hubby, it is the start of something very big! When Dasaratha saw his wife Kaikeyi sprawled on the floor with dishevelled hair and sans all her glittering jewels, he felt deeply concerned and asked her if anything was bothering her. Kaikeyi, true to her tribe, said NOTHING! That nothing put a seal not only on Dasaratha's life but Ravana's as well!
    As far as nothing is concerned in modern conversations, it has come to signify only the preamble to a long story! Moreso, coming from a wife to husband!
    Sri