1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Too much of hairfall ! Please HELP!!

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by BlueLotus, Jun 12, 2015.

1. BlueLotus

BlueLotus Senior IL'ite

Hi everyone. Off late, I have been losing lot of hair. Even when I slightly caress my hair, many hair strands come out. It seems like the root of my hair has become very weak. If I try to pull my hair slightly, the hair just comes off.:spin I always had thick and long hair. Hair fall was never a problem for me coz my hair grew very fast. I m scared to comb my hair nowadays.

Around three months back i colored my hair at a renowed salon. I have a one year old kid so i dont think postpartum hair loss stays this long. I started working out too and ever since, I lost my weight but also my hair. I am really confused. Could any of these factors be responsible for my sudden hair fall ? :|

2. Ishika009

Ishika009 Senior IL'ite

Well if that's the case you need professional or medical help. See a doctor right away because simple home remedies might not help you. Meet experts on hair care and start your treatment immediately.

3. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

BlueLotus: Medical advice first, Ishika009 is right, it might just be a vitamin deficiency because of your weight loss and perhaps a change in what you are eating. It is quite normal to lose around 100 strands of hair per day, especially if you have long hair. It will definitely have nothing to do with exercising.

Let us know what the doctor says.

4. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hmm,i am having the same problem,hair falling out in bunches.But then i have thyroid issues,please have it ruled out.

5. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

6. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

I don't have knowledge about the postpartum thing, but can comment something based on my personal experience of hair fall while on weight loss journey. I am not consistent with my weight loss, but whenever I go for it I do see hair thinning and loss especially due to change in diet (not sure if you changed yours too). Any routine change in my life affects my hair first. First trim of my hair was when I was 15 years old and that changed everything about my hair. Started getting split ends, ends were always thin no matter what I do and hair loss. Came to US at 25, no more mom made healthy food as got addicted to junk food, then diet to lose weight. Washing hair more than normal routine I used to have. So in short the more I was changing my routine of hair care and diet, the more worst it became.

Not sure if it's same with you, but adding more protein food and raw veggies helps. Also old school way of oiling and massaging hair regularly should help. And as others have suggested, visiting a doc to get their opinion could be beneficial.

Good luck!!