Tony - My Hero

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Nandshyam, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Nands,

Exquisite presentation and a narrative that tugs at the heartstrings and brings a lump in one's throat. The childhood bonds we form with our pets are very strong and when we lose them we can never really get over the trauma....could share with you the pain of loss having experienced it myself several times when pets depart.
    The pictures are great. Your little Milo looks so comfy curled up beside you .Is he a daschund.......german sausage ?

warm regards
    PAULINA:wave

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi KP
    Nice writting, was feeling sad for tony I know why people do like that with animals.
    Hope you will have good time with Milo and write more about him.

3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Supriya... Yes its me and Milo :)

Hihihihihihi...you never came into this forum lady.. I am a die hard fan of dogs...

May be ;-) Big LaughBig Laugh thanks !!!!
    hihihihihihi..

4. Nandshyam

Oh My.. that's really scary.. a cross breed with a Wolf.. How could they... Hope your friend is OK with those bites.. very scary to hear that... Thanks Purnima :)

:kiss :kiss :kiss Yes, whenever I see other pets, I see him in them... Thanks so much AC...

5. Nandshyam

Very true... Actually I thought first to just post the pictures that you had asked for so long.. But reading RAMU's thread, made me want to write about my tony too :) Infact.. for that very very thanks to you. you made me open up my heart and write Sharadha :) :)

Yes, its a drink' name.. But have you seen the movie "Mask" The pet's name of Jim carrey is Milo. I got from that movie thou :mrgreen:

Usha.. Thanks so much :) :)

6. Nandshyam

:kiss thanks much Krithika...

You should try about Puppy you know... I mean its the same age as mine when I first met Tony.. would love to hear that...

Yep, Tony is forever there. Not a day goes by without thinking about him.

thanks for the encouragement. :mrgreen: Sure, will write 'em soon.

Thanks Kamla :) Very true that I was blessed to be with pets.. I can totally understand, my friends I had mentioned in my thread, their parents were totally against it, they would never allow me inside their house with Tony. I need to leave him at our house, wash my hands and everything and then go over if I need too. Those kids loved tony so much, that they would wait for playtime with us.

I guess for each their own. I never understood till today, why though :)

Actually Bambi was there few years before him, but since Tony was gifted to me we had a special relationship, I kind of felt I had a sibling to look after and all :mgreen:

Bambi is more my aunt's dearmost than mine :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  7. Nandshyam

Thanks Srini :) :) I hope so too.. Thanks much !!!

I completely agree. childhood bonds are completely different. We had a couple of other pets over the years and 2 left us due to natural causes and I kinda of felt mature to handle it. I was not as upset as I was about Tony. Even though all the other pets are close to my heart and I loved them all so much. Something was different between me and tony..

Yes hes a dash.... Ohh hes ssuch a comfy looker... Actually he came to our house as my bro's birthday gift.. just days old baby. And since we all were so grown up and off to our jobs/work.. My parents literally look after him as their son.. so hes treated like a king, with breads delivered from bakery fresh, eggs every alternate day... alternate day warm water baths (My amma used to yell if we use heater every day Big Laugh.. she used to say, its summer and you do you need hot water) and what not.. After a walk, he walks straight upto the AC room, rest for a while and we arent supposed to disturb him Big Laugh

One way I don't bother, since we are all away, hes the one with them right now and giving them company..

Thanks Paulina :) :)

8. Nandshyam

thanks Aruna :) Yes, I do have a great time whenever I met him and talk to him over fone....

Sure will do sometime :)

9. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

Dear Nandhu,

Excellent write-up. it touched my heart. Tony looks so sweet.

Your Milo too is cute.

love,
    Anu

10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

aha nandu i have missed this post altogether, happens when too many write in a day...wonderful to see them here, how nice i have all hard copy and should one day accumulate all to present them as album..sunkan